DROID 2 phone button on touchscreen.

theflash25

Reaction score
When I press the the phone on my touchscreen on my DROID 2 it doesn't work. All it does is blink and it doesnt go to recent calls or my last call like it used to. Is there something I could do fix it? I tried restarting and still not working.

OP
T

theflash25

Reaction score
On the DROID 2, when I touch the Phone icon on the touchscreen, it doesnt open up. Just blinks.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Need a lil more info. For starters, are you rooted?

DroidForums Junkie!!

OP
T

theflash25

Reaction score
I dont know what rooted means sorry... Okay so I have a DROID 2. And you know on the bottom of the screen it has the phone icon on the left, the arrow pointing up in the center, and contacts on the right. When I press the phone icon to it doesnt do anything. Normally it should open to my previous call or my recent calls but now it just blinks and nothing happens...

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Ok, you tried restarting, and I assume you did this by just powering off the phone with the Power Button correct?

If so, now you need to do a Battery Pull...with the phone ON. Just pop the battery cover off and pull the battery out so the phone shuts off. Let it stay off for about 30 seconds to a full minute then slap the battery back in and boot the phone back up. Once you do this, then go back to your dialer screen and see if your Phone Icon is now working...

Post back your results...

OP
T

theflash25

Reaction score
I did that...still doesnt work. Dialer icon and phone just blink. :(

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Ok, thats weird because what you are talking about is the Launcher Dock. I assume since you didnt know what "rooted" meant, that you havent downloaded any Launcher replacement apps and installed them.

So, my next question would be, what apps have you downloaded lately? By any chance do you have an Antivirus App or App/Task Killer type app installed?

If the answer is no to all these questions, then you may have to resort to doing a Factory Data Reset which brings the phone back to an out of the box state...which means you will have to set it back up just like you did when you first purchased it.

OP
T

theflash25

Reaction score
I did download some task killer apps so I uninstalled them and then did the battery thing you said and they still don't work. And you're right its the launcher dock. All it does is blink and nothing happens. I don't have any other apps that would affect it...I think. Should I just restore the phone?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

BodyBagz

Reaction score
I did download some task killer apps so I uninstalled them and then did the battery thing you said and they still don't work. And you're right its the launcher dock. All it does is blink and nothing happens. I don't have any other apps that would affect it...I think. Should I just restore the phone?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

Before you do that, can you type out what all apps you do have installed? I know that is going to be tedious, but it may help others beside myself better diagnose the issue and offer a possible fix.

If nothing looks out of the ordinary, then a Reset may just have to be the fix...

OP
T

theflash25

Reaction score
Here are my apps: droidForums, movies, gmail, Note Everything, Pandora, Weather Channel, EasyMoney, RingTone, Facebook, FReeDictionary, Color flashlight, Bank Of America, TonyPicker, Kik Messenger, RetroCamera, Wapedia, and Googlemaps.

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Hmmmm, unfortunately, i dont see anything in those apps that would "jump out" at me as being a possible culprit.

At this point, Im sorry to say, I have no other ideas or suggestions except to do a Factory reset and see if that will set it back right...

OP
T

theflash25

Reaction score
I did the factory reset. It worked. It's all good thought I really appreciate the help. Thanks dude!

BodyBagz

Reaction score
I did the factory reset. It worked. It's all good thought I really appreciate the help. Thanks dude!
No problem, sorry you had to resort to wiping the phone and starting over.
Hopefully, this little "glitch" wont happen again...:)

vvmb

Reaction score
My Droid 2 Global is doing the same thing! It was working perfectly a few days ago, but now it'll blink when you hit the phone button.

However, I downloaded a task killer (not knowing that it was bad for the phone at that time)

Is there any way I can get it back working without doing a factory reset?

thesoldier

Reaction score
My Droid 2 Global is doing the same thing! It was working perfectly a few days ago, but now it'll blink when you hit the phone button.

However, I downloaded a task killer (not knowing that it was bad for the phone at that time)

Is there any way I can get it back working without doing a factory reset?

If its the same exact problem and a battery pull doesn't work, and you don't have any suspicious apps, the only thing I can say is try another launcher such as Launcher Pro or ADW Launcher. Other than that, you may have to do a factory reset.

Sent from my D2G running HeXen