Droid 3 extended batter with stock door

joshhh

Reaction score
Is there an extended battery that will fit with the stock door? I love my phone the way it is just would love some extra battey.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

pistacio

Reaction score
Stock door with extended battery is not recommended due to battery expansion. The extended battery and door are not that bad in size. There's a thread with pics, the difference in size is minimal.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums App

OP
J

joshhh

Reaction score
Yes but my ocd won't let me use the extended door. I just need a little extra juice to get me through the day without adding any extra weight to my phone. The thing barely fits in my pocket as it is haha, I'll just wait for a battery that's only slightly more capacity.

TyrannoTaurus

Reaction score
Well, if you're OCD then you probably also worry about scratching your camera lens when you put down your phone. The extended battery adds just a couple of millimeters which recesses the camera about a millimeter so the phone lays nice and flat. ....also, if your pants pockets can't handle 2mm more, you really should think about getting pants that fit.

pistacio

Reaction score
....also, if your pants pockets can't handle 2mm more, you really should think about getting pants that fit.

Bazinga!

But really, the extended door is just barely bigger than standard door. I have OCD also....

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums App

ndoren

Reaction score
The extended battery puts just a wee bit of extra stress on the standard battery door clasps, and at least one of those clasps tends to pop open (right side, opposite of USB port). I'm not overly concerned about the battery expansion. The expanded door allows just enough room to keep the door on firmly without the possibility of it unclasping anywhere.

That being said, I use my phone with the gel case, which does not allow for the extended door. Therefore, I use the standard door, the extended battery, and the gel case, which prevents the battery door from unhooking at any of the corners. I've had this combination of extended battery and standard door almost since day one, and I live in a hot desert state and haven't had any issues with the battery expanding and disrupting electronics within the phone. If that eventually happens, I'll just exchange it under warranty. Neall

pdiddybuck

Reaction score
I bought the extended battery. It fits just like the stock battery under the stock door if you take the sticker off of it.

Sent from my Lib.V2.0D3