Droid 4 Specs?

leobg

Reaction score
Screen is not AMOLED either (specsheet says TFT screen which is LCD). Lets hope its not the screen from D3, but a normal RGB stripe screen! I rather have SLCD screen like on ATRIX 2 instead pentile AMOLED. Interesting beast - global (unfortunately no mention of 850/1900 WCDMA band this time around). Single band LTE (Canadian LTE devices all have 700/1700/2100). Not quite as global as D3 and even D2 Global, but better than nothing. I wonder if there will be non-US version released too, even without LTE radio. I'd take it over my buggy updateless XT860 with crappy looking screen and measy half gig RAM. Not, if it has the same screen as D3!

Sent from my XT860 using Tapatalk

leobg

Reaction score
I haven't seen the screen on the D3 - is it worse than the screen on the D1?

D1/2 screen is much higher quality than D3. D3 beside using the dreaded pentile matrix RGBW configuration (which essentially means actual pixels are 33% less than the classic RGB stripe matrix) has uneven backlight (I've been through 2 phones suffering this more or less). D2G screen not only has better colors, crisper lines but has higher pixel density (when you account for the pentile) despite D3 being qHD. The only pluses D3 has over D1/2/g when it comes to display is the excellent visibility in daylight (very bright display) and reduced power consumption (longer battery life with display on). D3 is great in displaying black and white text and photos - if that can be accounted as plus :)

r314bd

Reaction score
Thanks for the info! Bummer about the screen. Hopefully the D4 won't be the same but I'm not getting my hopes up

r314bd

Reaction score
I just realized...the Droid 4 is going to be heavy!

D1: 169g
D2G: 173g
D4: 179g

droid4-specs2-650x295.jpg

Last edited:

INCREMENTAL

Reaction score
I just realized...the Droid 4 is going to be heavy:

D1: 169g
D2G: 173g
D4: 179g

droid4-specs2-650x295.jpg

Damn it will be lol, as I'm holding my D1 right now I thank its heavy. Why so much more weight when they are making it with a non removable battery. Don't make sense to me so they should go ahead and put a removable one in it.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

debdroid1a

Reaction score
Damn it will be lol, as I'm holding my D1 right now I thank its heavy. Why so much more weight when they are making it with a non removable battery. Don't make sense to me so they should go ahead and put a removable one in it.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Well they haven't said it's non-removable. And if you look at Leaked Droid 4 Specs shows a "key" to open the back cover. Which may get to a removable battery. Or maybe just to get to the SD an SIM card.
If there is a non-removable battery, wouldn't it have been easier to put the SIM and SD card on the side with a cover over it? That's how my old Env2 worked the SD card. Never a problem to get to or just leave as is, since it didn't poke out and you couldn't get to it unless you slide off the cover of the SD slot (the cover was attached to the phone so it was never lost either).

But yes, it's going to be more heavy. I agree the D1 is heavy. Anytime I pick up anyone elses phone, I can't believe how light their phone is.

akhi216

Reaction score
Well they haven't said it's non-removable. And if you look at Leaked Droid 4 Specs shows a "key" to open the back cover. Which may get to a removable battery. Or maybe just to get to the SD an SIM card.
If there is a non-removable battery, wouldn't it have been easier to put the SIM and SD card on the side with a cover over it? That's how my old Env2 worked the SD card. Never a problem to get to or just leave as is, since it didn't poke out and you couldn't get to it unless you slide off the cover of the SD slot (the cover was attached to the phone so it was never lost either).

But yes, it's going to be more heavy. I agree the D1 is heavy. Anytime I pick up anyone elses phone, I can't believe how light their phone is.

It's been confirmed multiple times to have non-removable battery.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

akhi216

Reaction score
Link? Source?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my Droid 1 using DroidForums

Look at the last bit of this article on Droid Life:

http://www.droid-life.com/2011/11/2...nitely-a-big-razr-with-a-keyboard-and-4g-lte/

...don't tell me that you don't consider Droid Life a reliable source. Droid Life has been on point with information in the past. I don't see why they would change now.

Look at the list of specs on this article at Android Central:

http://www.androidcentral.com/motorola-droid-4-surfaces-could-it-be-coming-soon

...Android Central has this article based on one from Droid Life. They have been on point with information in the past. I don't see why they would change now.

A guy on this thread had hands on experience with the Droid 4. He spake on the coming of the Droid 4, speculated that it would be here by the end of the year, and said that it will in fact have a non-removable battery numerous times in this thread before anyone said anything about the Maserati (as it was called) or had pictures of it:

http://www.howardforums.com/showthr...Droid-4-quot-Maserati-quot-Pre-Release-Thread

...notice that the thread started in September and one had pics or mentioned the Droid 4 until October. The guy has been on point with information in the past, I don't see why he would stop now.

akhi216

Reaction score
Also, if the Droid 4 is touted as a Droid RAZR with a keyboard and the Droid RAZR doesn't have a removable battery, then why would the Droid 4 have a removable battery?

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the links, but I found this in the Howard forums link you supplied...
Full Motorola DROID 4 specs leaked | Android Community

this says that "The battery gets a boost to 1785mAh, and (YES!) you can replace it yourself,"

Without going into your link and reading into the context of your quote or how they put it, I will say that I'm pretty sure you can replace the even Razr battery yourself as well (even thought it is a "non-removable battery").... it just isn't made for the average consumer to be able to do so. I replaced the screen on my D1 myself when it stopped working, that doesn't mean that the D1 has a "removable screen."

akhi216

Reaction score
Thanks for the links, but I found this in the Howard forums link you supplied...
Full Motorola DROID 4 specs leaked | Android Community

this says that "The battery gets a boost to 1785mAh, and (YES!) you can replace it yourself,"

Ok, note that the source of the article on Android Community comes from Droid Life; if you click on the link to the source (Droid Life), you can see Droid Life reporting that it had a non-removable battery. You can check for sites reporting about the Droid 4 all over the internet that have pics of the Droid 4 and all of them will point to Droid Life as the source and report a non-removable battery. Android Community only gets information from reputable websites and spins it off their way; I wouldn't trust them without cross-referencing their information with more reputable websites. I'd wager that they have no insider information whatsoever other than what they see on other websites hence their always having a source (another website). They obviously erred claiming that the Droid 4 has a removable battery when the link the the source of the information (Droid Life) says that it does. Anyway, they didn't report any hands-on time with the device thus they were pretty much talking out of their anus.