Droid Bionic Camera at 720p

jkhan622

Reaction score
Hello all,

First time poster so I'm pretty sure I'm in the right place but apologies if I'm not.

Switched off of the stock ROM and flashed Cyanogenmod for the Droid Bionic several months ago and love it completely. Very fast, nice battery life, etc, etc. I realized just today, however, that my phone is no longer recording video in 1080p like it was on the stock ROM and rather it is shooting in 720x480 resolution. I realized today and not before because I don't take video as much and I guess I haven't been paying attention to the resolution. Searched my camera and phone settings a bit but with no luck. I also googled for a while and couldn't find any help on an existing thread.

Is this an old issue? Is it just not possible to shoot 1080p on cyanogenmod? Or am I just missing a setting?

Phone details:
Model: Motorola Droid Bionic
CyanogenMod Version: 10.1.3-targa
Android Version: 4.2.2

jtrpop

Reaction score
Hi,

I noticed the same problem after I downloaded my videos and noticed they were horrible SD quality. I even upgraded my phone to the new 2/1/14 Stable Targa ROM, and it still records in SD with no options to change otherwise. Were you able to find a fix? Thanks.

OP
J

jkhan622

Reaction score
Note: I reverted back from 10.2 to 10.1.3 because I was missing some of the features I had gotten used to in 10.1.3.

No one anywhere responded to my posts, so I gave up looking for a solution. I still cannot record in full 1080p.

Can you tell me if they fixed any of the missing features from the 10.2 RC? Such as some missing panels for the pull down quick settings? Also the inability to change the location for saving pictures and/or videos from internal to external storage? Anything else you remember?