Droid DNA Battery Life?

Reaction score
What battery apps are you guys using? I installed BetterBatteryStats and it sucked the life out of my phone! I was lucky if it lasted 3 hours after a full charge. Removed it and I'm back to normal.

Dragonbro

Reaction score
View attachment 58964
Now I didn't really do much with my phone during this time cycle, but even my Razr would sip juice down below 60% in 8hrs of very little use. I had mostly text msgs, social media, and 2 phone calls. The first 2 days with the DNA my battery life was worse, it has sort of settled in now and I am happy!

yalerider

Reaction score
I haven't used any battery apps on the DNA yet. Tried one on the gnex and it would mess with the email and internet setting by shutting the data connection off, then I got tried of have to wait for the phone to connect. So running without now...

lightonfuel

Reaction score
I've only had my phone for about two weeks now and as much as i love the phone, I hate the battery. My iPhone would run all day with my putzing around on FB and the internet while playing podcasts and I would still go home with at least half my battery left.

Today, my phone just up and died on me. Before that, it gave me a message saying that my battery usage was higher than the incoming charge (not in those exact words). I went into my settings and shut off everything that I could find that was unnecessary, but the phone still shut off on me.

This is not something that I am accustomed to and being that it's a new OS I'll give it the benefit of the doubt and assume that it's user error. Does anyone have some input that would help me better manage my battery? I have Apex Launcher with two widgets on the screen (battery and weather). Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

rob1459

Reaction score
Let the battery die, and then charge to 100% while it's off. Then repeat the cycle once more. I did that on my first day and my battery last 13+ hours on a charge.

mb68

Reaction score
I have a DNA and my battery last about 16-18 hrs at that time I power it off (its bed time) I don't charge it,I power it back on when I get up and get 8 more hrs before I have to charge it.I mite ad my first DNA didn't straight out of the box it was a lemon,this DNA I have now is great.I bought my first at best buy and when I had trouble with it (the very day I received it) had it insured with best buy also and in the end Verizon was the one who took care of me.

vorter

Reaction score
Mine lasted over 14 hours with pretty heavy use (HD games, browsing on 4g, music, etc.)

Jasonr403

Reaction score
I got the droid DNA a couple days ago been using it a lot I get five hours of on and off use I love this phone don't get me wrong but the battery on this phone sucks. I took this phone off charge around 1 o'clock my battery was dead by 6 o'clock and half the time my phone was in sleep mode this battery sucks so I returned it and got the note 2

Jasonr403

Reaction score
I agree the droid dna battery sucks

I agree with you the battery sucks on this phone, I got the droid DNA a couple days ago been using it a lot I get five hours of on and off use I love this phone don't get me wrong but the battery on this phone sucks. I took this phone off charge around 1 o'clock my battery was dead by 6 o'clock and half the time my phone was in sleep mode this battery sucks so I returned it and got the note 2

Nevermore

Reaction score
I've been pleasantly surprised with battery life on the DNA. I'm easily making it from 6am until at least 10pm with still about 10%left on the battery if not more. Currently tonight I still have 40% left and have been using it off and on since 7am.

This is better than my Bionic with the extended battery. I'm very happy so far.

mittymak

Reaction score
razr maxx hd gets about 7 hours of screen "on" time. .. these graphs dont do the phone any justice without a Picture of the screen "on" time.

sabirc13

Reaction score
Lol on a side note I still have my maxx hd and keep it on me just on case my DNA dies...