Droid MAXX Cases

Reiles

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I had the Verizon store's standard gel case and found it way to bulky. I took the advise here and picked up the Diztronic TPU case in Clear. I am very satisfied with the slimness and protection offered. I have dropped the phone numerous times down manholes and on to concrete from the hip. Thanks for the tips!

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I just bought the purple bumper case through Amazon, along with another purple TPU case (can't remember the make). We'll see which one I prefer next week once I have the phone :)

Mr.Rotorflyr

Reaction score
I tried a leather belt case from Wally World, but returned it. Found it either poked into my side if I was sitting or if I moved it back so it wouldn't it would catch on things.

I just ordered one of these Amazon.com: BLACK Hard Plastic Back Cover + Holster Case for Motorola Droid MAXX XT1080M 2013 |In Twisted Tech Packaging|: Cell Phones & Accessories had a similar one for a
BB Storm II and it worked well, so we'll see how it works with the Maxx (and if it doesn't work, it's cheap enough that who cares...lol)

*Edit*
Case arrived today, the surround for the phone doesn't add much bulk, but doesnt feel quite as good as the bare phone. The belt clip is ok, slides in and out easily, maybe to easily...
I'll use it a few day's and decide how much I like it, or if I'd rather just go back to a naked phone in a pocket.

BlueLions81

Reaction score
I got the purple otterbox case with the holster. I usually keep my phone in my purse, but there are times when I just want my phone and not my entire purse. I like being able to clip it to my pants or even my pocket. I'd be worried about it falling out if I just put it in my pocket. I once dropped my keys out of my pocket and right into the toilet. Don't want that to happen with the phone.

Not sure how much I like the screen protector. It definitely takes some getting used too. If I decide I don't like the case I can take it back in the 14 day window and get the shell case with the holster instead.

Mr.Rotorflyr

Reaction score
Now that I've lived with this case/belt clip:(Amazon.com: BLACK Hard Plastic Back Cover + Holster Case for Motorola Droid MAXX XT1080M 2013 |In Twisted Tech Packaging|: Cell Phones & Accessories) for a month I figured I'd post an update. Given the price point of the case ($5) I'm satisfied overall but it isn't without it's issues (and again, given the price I can't say I'm really surprised by this)

The case it self adds very little bulk to the phone (if I ever get around to it I'll take a few pics to show the difference), it protects the phone pretty well, I've dropped it twice since using this case, which brings me to the belt clip…IMHO the clip is the weak point, it doesn't hold the case tight enough and I've had it fall out of the clip twice due to my jacket riding up and essentially pulling the phone out of the clip. You can rotate the clip to change the angle the phone sits at and this does help, but I'd still like to see better retention. I might try and heat the arms on the clip and bend them in slightly to see if it helps hold better but not sure if it will work or not.

Knowing what I know now, given it's low cost I would buy it again, but if it were higher priced ($10-$15) I'd probably look at this one instead: Amazon.com: Kaleidio TM Dual Layer Armor Hybrid Skin Case Cover & Belt Clip Holster For Motorola DROID MAXX XT1080M (Late 2013) - Black/Black (Package Includes a Overbrawn Prying Tool & Stylux Stylus/Pen Dust Plug Combo) - Retail Packaging: Cell Phon though when I used one this style with a GNex it did add some bulk.

therick04pp

Reaction score
Hi all. I have the Otterbox defender right now and I HATE THE HOLSTER. Its far too big for the phone and the clip is set too far down the case so it sticks up to much for my liking when clipped to something. I saw these cases and they look more like the OEM Verizon case/holster combos that I like. They both offer better protection than the OEM Verizon hard plastic ones and look almost like the Otterbox. The only issue is whether or not the wireless charging will still work as they all have stands on the back of the case and they are lined up directly over where the wireless area is. It works on the Otterbox, but there are no clips on that case. What do you guys think? Anyone know if these would work with wireless charging?

I asked the seller if they knew but they have no responded as of yet.

1. Black Rubber Soft Skin Hard Case Stand Belt Clip Holster for Motorola Droid Maxx | eBay
1.png

2. Black Rugged Tank Case Stand Belt Clip Holster for Motorola Droid Maxx Ultra | eBay.
2.png

Mr.Rotorflyr

Reaction score
Hi all. I have the Otterbox defender right now and I HATE THE HOLSTER. Its far too big for the phone and the clip is set too far down the case so it sticks up to much for my liking when clipped to something. I saw these cases and they look more like the OEM Verizon case/holster combos that I like. They both offer better protection than the OEM Verizon hard plastic ones and look almost like the Otterbox. The only issue is whether or not the wireless charging will still work as they all have stands on the back of the case and they are lined up directly over where the wireless area is. It works on the Otterbox, but there are no clips on that case. What do you guys think? Anyone know if these would work with wireless charging?

I asked the seller if they knew but they have no responded as of yet.

1. Black Rubber Soft Skin Hard Case Stand Belt Clip Holster for Motorola Droid Maxx | eBay
View attachment 68012

2. Black Rugged Tank Case Stand Belt Clip Holster for Motorola Droid Maxx Ultra | eBay.
View attachment 68013

Can't speak to if either of those will support wireless charging as I don't use it myself, but from what I've read/heard it usually depends on the thickness of the case, so if it worked with the Otterbox and neither of those cases are any thicker, I don't see why it wouldn't work.

derekeh83

Reaction score
Still waiting for some cool cases to come out but not looking too promising :/ I have the Tudia tpu case and its alright... But doesn't compare to the s4 cases I have. I know as soon as I go casesless I'll regret it lol. How well does the back of these phones hold up? I know its good material but does it still wear out like where you hold it over time?

Teamanglerx

Reaction score
I have the Maxx with the Otterbox Defender case. I purposely chose the case because I am kinda hard on phones and I wanted the extra protection. While it does make the phone a little bulky I don't mind it knowing that I have the protection in case I drop it.

clintro

Reaction score
Trident has some nice cases.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Engine1sharK

Reaction score
Just ordered a Trident case for my Maxx. Phone should be here in an hour or two. Can't wait!!!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I use the otterbox defender and I'm able to use a wireless charger as well.

MAXXED OUT!!!