Droid Maxx Dock

donzz

I haven't been able to find a dock for my Maxx yet. If someone finds one will you please post it here. Thank you!

Reiles

Premium Member
Premium Member
I am searching far and wide for Droid Maxx accessories right now. I am looking for a Car Dock, a (decent) Qi wireless charging station, and a Moto 3.5" Audio/USB charging cable to route through my car's stereo. It will most likely be a few weeks before they appear. I'm guessing the first accessories will show up on Verizon's website. Verizon's Droid Maxx's Accessories

OP
D

donzz

I am searching far and wide for Droid Maxx accessories right now. I am looking for a Car Dock, a (decent) Qi wireless charging station, and a Moto 3.5" Audio/USB charging cable to route through my car's stereo. It will most likely be a few weeks before they appear. I'm guessing the first accessories will show up on Verizon's website. Verizon's Droid Maxx's Accessories

Actually, they don't on a lot of stuff. The day my Maxx came out in I went to the local Verizon store and they had the belt-clip holder I had for my Bionic. Their website still doesn't show that.
This is the cable I use for my Maxx in my new car. http://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-...186&sr=8-1&keywords=micro+usb+to+usb+3'+cable
Works beautiful!

OP
D

donzz

My dock came in today and I must say I don't like it. It's a b!tch trying to get that micro USB to line up and go in. A real pain! I do have the Moto holster and belt strap so it makes the phone a bit more bulky. When I ordered the dock it said it would fit. Huh! When I did get it to go in it didn't ask to put the phone into bed or sleep mode. It really doesn't come with any direction and with my past droid docks I really didn't need any. At this point I'd like to send it back.

Sajo

Diamond Member
My dock came in today and I must say I don't like it. It's a b!tch trying to get that micro USB to line up and go in. A real pain! I do have the Moto holster and belt strap so it makes the phone a bit more bulky. When I ordered the dock it said it would fit. Huh! When I did get it to go in it didn't ask to put the phone into bed or sleep mode. It really doesn't come with any direction and with my past droid docks I really didn't need any. At this point I'd like to send it back.

I read on another forum that the new Droid line does not have any "dock mode" built in. I was hoping that was not true. But after your post...maybe it is. That's a bummer...I want a new phone, but really like the current dock mode functionality.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Sajo

Diamond Member
I just read the Verizon ads for both docks and they both claim that they will launch dock mode.

OP
D

donzz

I just read the Verizon ads for both docks and they both claim that they will launch dock mode.

It does go into Dock Mode but it's a B!tch getting the phone to go into it (the usb to line up) . Especially with that holster/case. Do you know of another dock, other than the Griffin?

Sajo

Diamond Member
It does go into Dock Mode but it's a B!tch getting the phone to go into it (the usb to line up) . Especially with that holster/case. Do you know of another dock, other than the Griffin?

Thanks for the clarification. Sorry, but no...I don't know of any other docks. I read somewhere that Moto was going to pair with Griffin for the new docks. Someone else might eventually make some...but I think what you have is all that's available right now.

OP
D

donzz

I messed around with it again last night and it goes into dock mode out of the holster. With the holster on I can't get to go into dock mode, it does charge it though. If someone here wants it I'll sell it for $20 and they will have to pay shipping. It's useless to me.

rlstjohn

I ended up getting a couple of the Ghost 100s as well and they work great! I don't hear any loud noises like some have experienced with other wireless chargers, no excessive heat and the devices see each other just fine. At $40 each I'm very happy and am absolutely loving my new phone!

Does the doc [FONT=Titillium Web, tahoma, Geneva, sans-serif]work with an[/FONT] Audio/USB charging cable so it can be hooked up to the AUX jack on a car stereo?

Reiles

Premium Member
Premium Member
I ended up getting a couple of the Ghost 100s as well and they work great! I don't hear any loud noises like some have experienced with other wireless chargers, no excessive heat and the devices see each other just fine. At $40 each I'm very happy and am absolutely loving my new phone!

I ordered a Ghost 100 Qi charging plate as well and I absolutely love it!
My Griffin car dock is en route this afternoon and I am curious to see whether the dock fits the phone with my Silicon case. I also use the 3.5" Audio and Micro USB cable combo cable from Motorola and I am curious to see if it transmits audio through the car system as it did with my old Droid Razr Maxx. As of right now I am using my deactivated Razr Maxx with a wifi hotspot box active for navigation and mp3 streaming in my car. I really need a car dock solution. I'll post pictures and review when it arrives.

Reiles

Premium Member
Premium Member
Does the doc [FONT=Titillium Web, tahoma, Geneva, sans-serif]work with an[/FONT] Audio/USB charging cable so it can be hooked up to the AUX jack on a car stereo?
Just checked. It does NOT charge or play audio with the moto cable. Returning mine now :(. Even more disappointing is the placement of the micro USB port on the middle bottom of the dock. It is unsightly and does not accommodate my car charger cable from Verizon.

Just checked. It does NOT charge or play audio with the moto cable. Returning mine now :(. Even more disappointing is the placement of the micro USB port on the middle bottom of the dock. It is unsightly and does not accommodate my car charger cable from Verizon.

I can't believe they would make a car dock that does not have audio out. I was ready to purchase the Maxx but I will now stay with my Bionic or go with another phone that has a real car dock.
Thanks for the info!