Droid Maxx Hidden Folders

bonesvf103

Reaction score
I plugged my Maxx into my PC with the aim of transferring my Cardiotrainer tracks to my Maxx. However when I browse via Windows 7, it does not show the Cardiotrainer folder. If I unplug and use Android Assistant File Manager to browse the folders, I find the folder on the Maxx just fine.

Is this because the Maxx is only allowing itself to be seen as a Media Transfer Device rather than a volume or disk? Is there anyway around this? I'd hate to lose my track history.

Also, is there a built in File Manager on the Maxx like the Bionic had? OR do I have to keep using a third party one like Android Assistant?

Thanks,
boNes

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
OP
B

bonesvf103

Reaction score
Try this (https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/prod_answer_detail/a_id/95445/p/30,6720,8882) on for size.

View attachment 66052

It may simply be that you have USB connection set to something OTHER THAN Media device (MTP). If it is already set to MTP, then try the other option (of which the name escapes me ATM).

Good luck! :biggrin:

Thanks for the link. I did check the USB connection and the other option listed besides MTP is simply Camera. Selecting that limits only jpgs to be visible in Windows.

I'm downloading and re-installing the drivers for Motorola Device Manager from your link. I'll see if that helps any.

boNes

OP
B

bonesvf103

Reaction score
OK, downloaded the Device Manager and the only change was that now when I plug my phone in it throws up that annoying Backup Assistance tab in a browser that it had before with my previous Bionic. I hate that it does that.

boNes

OP
B

bonesvf103

Reaction score
UPDATE: Motorola Mobility in a chat session said to reboot the phone and re-install the device manager and try again.

This worked in making the folder viewable not hidden.

-boNes