Droid noob here - Thunderbolt or X2?

Viper Daimao

Reaction score
Dinc2, Droid 3 and maybe the Bionic are on my list. Just waiting to see the reviews on the Motos. If they are anything like the dx2 I am passing. I know the dinc2 is a good device. I am going to pass on Samsung and the GS2 after the issues I have been having with the GPS on the Fassy.
Yeah, the droid 3 and bionic sound great, but if they have the same pentile problems as the DX2, then I wouldn't consider them an option.

I have heard great great things about the Samsung Galaxy 2 though. Unfortunately it looks like it won't be LTE (probably)

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Dinc2, Droid 3 and maybe the Bionic are on my list. Just waiting to see the reviews on the Motos. If they are anything like the dx2 I am passing. I know the dinc2 is a good device. I am going to pass on Samsung and the GS2 after the issues I have been having with the GPS on the Fassy.
Yeah, the droid 3 and bionic sound great, but if they have the same pentile problems as the DX2, then I wouldn't consider them an option.

I have heard great great things about the Samsung Galaxy 2 though. Unfortunately it looks like it won't be LTE (probably)

Yea Pentile bothers me. I hope they did something to fix it in the Droid 3 and Bionic. But I am skeptical because the dx2 was a total letdown.

Yes the European GSM reviews are great for the GS2, but I hate to see what Verizon does with their Variant. They totally ruined the Fascinate. And Samsung does have a track record of bad GPS and Connectivity issues. So idk. I may have to just go with the Dinc2. Looks to be best so far.

xrar1

Reaction score
Thunderbolt

I currently have an EVO and must change to Verizon. I was thinking about getting the Thunderbolt as they are very similar.

Does the Thunderbolt battery any better than the EVO? I don't get much life out of one battery on my EVO.

Also - Can I manually change from 3G to 4G on a Thunderbolt?

Thanks

xrar1

Reaction score
I currently have an EVO and must change to Verizon. I was thinking about getting the Thunderbolt as they are very similar.

Does the Thunderbolt battery have any better life than the EVO? I don't get much life out of one battery on my EVO.

Also - Can I manually change from 3G to 4G on a Thunderbolt?

Are there any issues right now with the TB?

Thanks

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would get the Tbolt over the X2. Some have random reboot issues. And yes, you can turn 4G off

Apex 2.0 Revolution

713King

Reaction score
I need a phone soon, my droid x is complete crap. I tried getting it replaced because it has 5 black circles in the screen and they told me that they came out because I press on the phone too hard lol. Complete idiots at VZW so I rather pay those 80+ towards the Thunderbolt and use someone elses upgrade if the Bionic is a godly phone like you guys say.

OP
O

oiamslain

Reaction score
I've had my Thunderbolt for about 2 weeks now, and I love it so far. I get about 18-24 hours (3G) on a charge with moderate use, it's super fast, and no issues so far (knocking on wood). Plus, I just had my first taste of 4G in MN, and now I can't wait until it gets to Peoria!