Droid RAZR Case Review Thread

cmorty72

Reaction score
Does anyone know yet if the Case-mate POP will fit the Motorola car dock mount?
*edit*
Never mind... just picked up a CM pop today (Black/Grey) from a local kiosk in a mall for a $1.00 more than the asking price of a vendor on Amazon. It's a really nicely designed case. My only gripe... they should of made the kick stand a little more thicker/sturdier as well as placed it more towards the middle of the case.
Also, it's just a tad too thick for the Motorola Razr cardock provided by Verizon. :( But nonetheless, I like the feel of this case and will most likely be keeping it (I've got two weeks to make a decision). I'm sure there are other car mounts out there that'll be able to do the job of mounting my Razr with this case.

Last edited:

razramazr

Reaction score
Does anyone know yet if the Case-mate POP will fit the Motorola car dock mount?
*edit*
Never mind... just picked up a CM pop today (Black/Grey) from a local kiosk in a mall for a $1.00 more than the asking price of a vendor on Amazon. It's a really nicely designed case. My only gripe... they should of made the kick stand a little more thicker/sturdier as well as placed it more towards the middle of the case.
Also, it's just a tad too thick for the Motorola Razr cardock provided by Verizon. :( But nonetheless, I like the feel of this case and will most likely be keeping it (I've got two weeks to make a decision). I'm sure there are other car mounts out there that'll be able to do the job of mounting my Razr with this case.

What price did you end up paying for yours. I know they can be had for $16 here: Amazon.com: Case-Mate CM018195 POP! Case with Stand for Motorola Droid RAZR XT912 1 pack-Case-Retail Packaging-White/Cool Grey: Cell Phones & Accessories

I haven't ever seen on at the kiosk. Sweet find.

cmorty72

Reaction score
What price did you end up paying for yours. I know they can be had for $16 here: Amazon.com: Case-Mate CM018195 POP! Case with Stand for Motorola Droid RAZR XT912 1 pack-Case-Retail Packaging-White/Cool Grey: Cell Phones & Accessories

I haven't ever seen on at the kiosk. Sweet find.
I picked mine up for around $26.00 (I know I could of got it a lot cheaper from Amazon, but I just didn't feeling like waiting for it to be delivered). Now I'm on the hunt for a car dock that it'll fit. :blink:
*edit*
After looking just about everywhere for a car dock to my liking, I decided to return the CM POP. My biggest issue with the POP was not just its thickness, but its poor placement for the kick stand. Every time I would plug my power cord in, the POP would fall over and have to be angled in such a way as not to fall over. This got old really fast.

Last edited:

Dark_Angel

Reaction score
Just bought a incipio feather and a diztronic TPU case off amazon that should be here in a couple days, we shall see which one i like better. the good part is that they both fit in the car dock, so the main concern would be the feel in the hand and the protection

razramazr

Reaction score
Just bought a incipio feather and a diztronic TPU case off amazon that should be here in a couple days, we shall see which one i like better. the good part is that they both fit in the car dock, so the main concern would be the feel in the hand and the protection

Hadn't seen the Incipio Feather yet, pretty decent looking and a few color choices. Good find man.

Dark_Angel

Reaction score

so after trying both cases i have come to like the diztronic TPU case better. it feels better in the hand and it offers more protection overall if you tend to drop it or it falls off something.

on the other hand the incipio feather isn't a bad choice either. it protects the back and it too adds a better feel to the device with very minimal bulk added. however, i feel that you only have about one drop out of it until it cracks or breaks.

so in conclusion, its all a matter of what your device will go through to determine which is better for you. i havent had a opportunity to see if the diztronic fits in the dock, but im pretty sure the incipio will without much difficulty

Last2No

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I know alot don't like the "bulk" added by the defender case or the issues with car mounts but if you want the ultimate in protection and a car mount that works like a charm get the defender and a Slipgrip car mount. It is a wonderful combination for those of us that need complete protection and the heads-up view of a car mount.

Dark_Angel

Reaction score
[so in conclusion, its all a matter of what your device will go through to determine which is better for you. i havent had a opportunity to see if the diztronic fits in the dock, but im pretty sure the incipio will without much difficulty]

so after getting my hands on a car dock, i found out the diztronic case fits better. the razr still moves around but not as much as it would with the incipio. this is easily solved with a tiny strip of soft sided velcro at the opposite end of the port. all with the case adapter removed of course

reallyneatgirl

Reaction score
I've got the basic hard silicone case from Verizon. It fits into the desk dock after taking off the attachments, but I noticed that dock mode does not activate. Same for anyone else? Do all cases that "fit" docks have this problem? I assume it is because the contacts hat cause the app to work do not meet correctly.

fauxreall

Reaction score
i grabbed a random rubber one off ebay for like 3 bucks. itll be useful for those drunken nights when the phone just turns into a slippery bar of soap :) itll do!

bullswife98

Reaction score
I use Casemate barely there series. It fits in the HD docking station fine when attachment is off of it. Dock mode also works when it docked as well. Very happy with it. I recommended it. Comes in black and pink for us ladies. ;)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

orange93

Reaction score
I use Casemate barely there series. It fits in the HD docking station fine when attachment is off of it. Dock mode also works when it docked as well. Very happy with it. I recommended it. Comes in black and pink for us ladies. ;)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Thanks for that, they are pretty inexpensive as well and several colors are available. Found the best selection here: Amazon.com: droid

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Look how sexy your Razr Maxx can look with this case.....lol

Amazon.com: Trident Case AMS-XT912-RD Kraken AMS Case for Motorola Droid Razr MAXX (XT912) with Holster Bundle - 1 Pack - Retail Packaging - Red: Electronicshat's absurd

Man that thing is terrible, makes it look like a bigger version of those Casio G'Zone phones. Why would you do such a thing to this beautiful device ;)

Captmilk

Reaction score
Man that thing is terrible, makes it look like a bigger version of those Casio G'Zone phones. Why would you do such a thing to this beautiful device ;)

I had to post this disaster of a case. It looks like a Palm Pilot whit that case on