Droid Razr Maxx battery life?

Eccles227

Reaction score
I love my Razr Maxx but I really don't feel I'm getting the 'amazing battery life' everyone is talking about. I'm at the end of the day now and I'm going to list my battery usage on here. Can some please tell me if this is accurate or if I'm just a heavy user and I'm expecting too much. I'm by no means complaining. The battery life is definitely better then my old android but I know people getting over 15 hours so called 'heavy usage' If theres anything you see that I can turn off or lessen the usage of something. I feel like I'm either unaware of something running the background that's sucking up battery life like the music player or maybe possibly not getting full potential. I've already done a factory reset and added apps back in slowly but still same kind of battery life. I've turned off date connection and turn on wifi when I'm home and it hardly improves, also use smart actions. I'll accept the fact that I'm expecting too much. But I'm just curious about what other Maxx users are getting?

12 hours, 16 min on battery (100% to 24%)-
Display-31%
Voice calls-25%
Draw something-13%
Android OS-11%
Media Server-5%
Cell standyby-4%
Text messaging-4%
Phone Idle-4%
Moto music-3%
Zumo Service-2% (No idea what this is)

dann1551

Reaction score
battery

mine is about the same as urs, 12 hours and I'm at 20% but for 8 of those hours for me, I have school so I don't touch it. I'm replacing mine tomorrow

Caesars

Reaction score
I just got my maxx, I'm still trying to get through the first week of charging lol. Tomorrow ill try no 4g and see how long it lasts

DROID RAZR MAXX

jmurra

Reaction score
PS - no 4g

I keep on 3G-only and switch over only when I need to do some quick surfing. That noticeably helped the battrey life.

sliptooth

Reaction score
I love my Razr Maxx but I really don't feel I'm getting the 'amazing battery life' everyone is talking about. I'm at the end of the day now and I'm going to list my battery usage on here. Can some please tell me if this is accurate or if I'm just a heavy user and I'm expecting too much. I'm by no means complaining. The battery life is definitely better then my old android but I know people getting over 15 hours so called 'heavy usage' If theres anything you see that I can turn off or lessen the usage of something. I feel like I'm either unaware of something running the background that's sucking up battery life like the music player or maybe possibly not getting full potential. I've already done a factory reset and added apps back in slowly but still same kind of battery life. I've turned off date connection and turn on wifi when I'm home and it hardly improves, also use smart actions. I'll accept the fact that I'm expecting too much. But I'm just curious about what other Maxx users are getting?

12 hours, 16 min on battery (100% to 24%)-
Display-31%
Voice calls-25%
Draw something-13%
Android OS-11%
Media Server-5%
Cell standyby-4%
Text messaging-4%
Phone Idle-4%
Moto music-3%
Zumo Service-2% (No idea what this is)

I feel your pain. i just got mine a few days ago and im not seeing the amazing battery i thought. On mine the Zumo Service is taking the most up being around 20%. tried to uninstall it but it wont go away, force stop doesnt do anything ether it just comes back on. anyone have any idea how to get rid of Zumo?

also being on wifi helps alot in saving battery

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Zumo must be a downloaded app because I don't have it on my Maxx. In that case, you can uninstall it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

sliptooth

Reaction score
Zumo must be a downloaded app because I don't have it on my Maxx. In that case, you can uninstall it.

didnt download Zumo just was pre-installed on my phone along with the MOTOCast stuff

Caesars

Reaction score
I do not have a zumo on my maxx either.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
sliptooth said:
didnt download Zumo just was pre-installed on my phone along with the MOTOCast stuff

Aha, I think maybe it is showing up because the pc/laptop that your motocast is synced to has zumo and so your motocast is running zumo off that pc.

Does zumo show up in your app drawer? Or does it show up in settings/manage applications? If so, it has been downloaded onto your phone. From settings/manage applications/zumo choose to uninstall.

Does zumo not show up in settings/manage applications but show up in settings/manage applications/all (all is along the top)? If it shows up there but not under downloaded, then it was preinstalled onto the phone. Why would be a puzzle because it should not be (unless your phone is rooted).

If zumo is not showing there then check to see if it is because of the pc your motocast is synced to. I don't know much about motocast but one way to check if you have zumo due to the pc/laptop connection is to turn off that pc and see if zumo still shows up. Check by going to settings/manage applications/running while the pc is off.

If it is coming from your pc then you can disable zumo by not including in motocast the folder that zumo is located on your pc. Or if zumo is something you never use, uninstall it from your pc.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Ok, upon further investigation, when I go to settings/manage applications/all, at the very end of the list there is zumo services. It is not an app but an android process. It must be associated with motocast (I'm assuming). I barely use motocast so it never shows up as using battery. My guess is that if you are streaming allot with motocast, it uses the Zumo service and therefore uses allot of battery.