Droid/Smartphone "spy apps"

comk4ver

Reaction score
On a non-rooted phone, it's not currently possible to hide applications from the Manage Applications process under Settings, so if there's spyware installed on his phone he should be able to uninstall it easily enough.

(If he's rooted his phone, then he should be familiar enough with its internal workings to solve the problem on his own.)

This isn't true, currently on the market is an app called Sms tracker agent and once you download said app you go to their website and install a cover up/skin app all it does is change the icon and name that appears on the phone to system health. Don't need root and it hides from the launcher.
It will show up I believe in the app store.
There's also a another app that allows remote control of the phone via the computer.
I would recommend him to factory reset and not sync his phone to his Google account until he sees what is on his market place history.

jaira

Reaction score
A friend of mine got a new Droid about a week after I got mine. We were talking about the phone during a conversation last night, and he noted, as of late, that his GPS seems to enable itself from time to time, especially after he leaves the house. (He keeps it disabled) I figured it was just a bug, or something, and told him as such, but he also said that he noted a folder on his SD card called "Where are you", but can't find an app with that name in the Market, but did do a Google Search and came up with a web page that seems to sell "spy apps" for smart phones.

They are programs that a spouse, or a parent, can use to track their spouse, or children, according to what he told me, the app activates the GPS, and also allows the handset to be turned on, so someone can listen to conversations. Apparently, the application can be activated by another person using a smart phone or a computer who has the access and activation codes...Not entirely sure how it works, but I have read about these types of things before, just not sure how well they work.

Anyway, he thinks his girlfriend may have put the app on his phone to keep an eye on him.

Personally, I am not sure it's that kind of program, so I told him to just erase the folder from his SD card, and see what happens after that. He's only been dating her about two months, and they don't live together, so I am not sure what is going on.

Has anyone else heard about apps like that?

I Google Searched a couple, but I won't post the links here, because my McAfee Site Advisor wasn't liking the sites too much. Apparently the stuff exists, but I was wondering if such a thing exists for the Android platform, and how it would run in the back ground....., and not be visible in the Application screen.

Hi i use Copy10, as a spy application to my daughter's Iphone, i use it to monitor her web activities and can track her location using GPS enable
on her phone until now i still dont have a problem on it. About your problem i can help you with that just reformat your phone and install new os and that will work.

joya

Reaction score
what do you mean reformat? you mean reprogram the phone? you can easily detect if your phone is installed by spy apps, first your phone battery will drain faster second you can't disable your GPS.

@ Jaira i know Copy10 my son's phone has an apps of it, Works well on mine.

tanya1990

Reaction score
oh copy9 has many feature such as Ambient Voice Record, Yahoo Messenger Chat, Whatpsapp, Key Logger, Voice Memos, Notes, Photo Camera Roll (Pictures)... with lower price compared with spytic. Oh my god

jaira

Reaction score
On a non-rooted phone, it's not currently possible to hide applications from the Manage Applications process under Settings, so if there's spyware installed on his phone he should be able to uninstall it easily enough.

(If he's rooted his phone, then he should be familiar enough with its internal workings to solve the problem on his own.)

In Copy10 they wont see the application running even in manage application.

annaharris

Reaction score
Such applications can be very dangerous, they should be banned from using.

bananastjames

Reaction score
Verizon offers this in addition to your contract. Look on their site, they promote it for tracking kids and such but I think you can access all numbers on your account with it for about $20 or so per line per month.

teukdung

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
In the same topic as this post, we recently developed HelloSPY Cell Phone Spy Software ? Monitor SMS, Call Info and GPS Locations on iPhone, Android, spyware with gps localization and activation functions of the microphone away from a free cell phone.

So since we are talking about geolocation, you install the software on a laptop and you can locate free every 5 minutes on a map from our website phone!

Good evening everyone! and do not hesitate if you have any questions *

IraKyiv

Reaction score
btw, information worth for sharing! mcafee is now only 10 euros (instead of 30), so don't miss your chance ^_^