Droid turbo 3 or moto z force

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
A few things:

• Google today does a MUCH better restore of all your apps. How no one mentioned this is mind blowing. It used to be terrible...today it's pretty sweet.
  • Plus wiuth Google Lock for passwords turned on it remember many app passwords on your phone.
Smart Lock for Passwords is on by default, but you can turn it off or back on using the following steps:

1. Open Chrome.
  2. At the top right, click Menu
    gnm-ty6mnE6vkedDflD8UzuuSYpoeaGMx1Am3m0zH0OkEAkqv3jGJV3cnjkqH75mrrqn=w18-h18
  3. Choose Settings.
  4. At the bottom of the page, click Show advanced settings.
  5. Find the "Passwords and forms" section.
  6. You can turn the following settings on or off:
    • Offer to save your web passwords: Check the box next to "Offer to save your web passwords." You'll see an offer to save passwords for websites in Chrome, and you can sign in using the passwords saved in your Google Account.
    • Auto Sign-in: Click Manage passwords, and check the box next to "Auto Sign-in." You'll automatically sign in to compatible apps and websites connected to your Google Account across your devices.
Finally, I keep the rest of my Passwords in Keepass with a copy of the DB file saved to Dropbox. Easy copy and paste

A Word doc, Sajo? Really? :D
Hold on now....hold on. For all of my sensitive passwords I use Keeper, and have paid for it for years now. Super secure and it syncs between my phone and my wife's phone. What I meant was, after getting a new phone (or doing an FDR) I have a simple check list of "do not forget" items that even a sync app is not going to do for me. Things that I might forget, and things to help me and the family remember to do with a new phone. Play Music: Set to download over WiFi only; Play Store: set to Not auto update, but notify etc, etc, etc. If there are sync apps or processes that will copy all Settings to a new phone I am not aware of them. I would not use the anyway, call me old fashion I guess. My kids are not super tech savvy but have used that checklist to get a new phone all setup and running when I am not around. That doc does not have sensitive passwords on it, only a few that they would need to know that if compromised would not hurt us at all.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Update I have been using turbo 2 for about a month now and it's a great phone except that after a month I have to reboot it almost daily as it seems to slow down with the combination of apps I have until rebooted sometimes then it's fast again.q hat seemed to slow it down was lock screen requires by Android pay which is awesome but clunky in combination with my settings still trying to tweak the phone.

I've been able to use the phone with no case but it still gets hot some times when charging or long screen time on

Biggest issue is battery with my combo of apps. It has been working better than prob even the turbo one when new with the bigger battery because the processor is faster it can handle my app combination better until it gets clunky once a day

I carry the verizon turbo charger 5000 mah battery with me all the time and use it like a disconnectable Mophie. But I even have to charge that 2x or 3x a day. So I realy need 3 of them or one 15000 turbo mah portable power pack.

Now that I know my power requirements for turbo 2. I think the moto z force with the click on battery pack would be good if it didn't make the phone so think and seem like it would break and sperate qhen the phone is dropped. Is the moto z force rated with the same unbreakability as turbo 2 please advise and if anybody has tested that situation. So with the moto z force I would prob need 1 to 3 battery packs not knowing if the speed increase would lower my need for 15000 mah extra I need on turbo two and the 25000 extra I needed prob on my old turbo one with a dying battery.

Thoughts?

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Update I have been using turbo 2 for about a month now and it's a great phone except that after a month I have to reboot it almost daily as it seems to slow down with the combination of apps I have until rebooted sometimes then it's fast again.q hat seemed to slow it down was lock screen requires by Android pay which is awesome but clunky in combination with my settings still trying to tweak the phone.

I've been able to use the phone with no case but it still gets hot some times when charging or long screen time on

Biggest issue is battery with my combo of apps. It has been working better than prob even the turbo one when new with the bigger battery because the processor is faster it can handle my app combination better until it gets clunky once a day

I carry the verizon turbo charger 5000 mah battery with me all the time and use it like a disconnectable Mophie. But I even have to charge that 2x or 3x a day. So I realy need 3 of them or one 15000 turbo mah portable power pack.

Now that I know my power requirements for turbo 2. I think the moto z force with the click on battery pack would be good if it didn't make the phone so think and seem like it would break and sperate qhen the phone is dropped. Is the moto z force rated with the same unbreakability as turbo 2 please advise and if anybody has tested that situation. So with the moto z force I would prob need 1 to 3 battery packs not knowing if the speed increase would lower my need for 15000 mah extra I need on turbo two and the 25000 extra I needed prob on my old turbo one with a dying battery.

Thoughts?

Its a phone....not a computer. Why do you need to charge it 3 times a day??? Do you work on your phone? I can't imagine being that dependent to a phone.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I have 150 apps on my phone and it doesn't get "clunky". You probably have a few sketchy apps installed.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I have 150 apps on my phone and it doesn't get "clunky". You probably have a few sketchy apps installed.

I don't have that many, but do have quite a few. And my phone runs as smooth as butter just like Day 1. there may be some apps installed that are conflicting with the built in functionality and causing some of the issues...one app is trying to do something that another app is trying to cancel, etc. Just a thought.

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I use about 10 apps regularly the rest are things that sync and chew battery like social networking and oncall pager app and the like. I haven't been able to identify what chews the battery. Verizon says it's the combination. If I don't install any apps and use straight out of the box apps it lasts alot longer. Believe it or not the turbo is actually doing the best out of any phone I've had except that when I really max it out and I dont start in a specific order ie voice activate Google maps navigation and Sirius over blue tooth and have it change Sirius Chanel's or update the destination via voice and then it lags or has to reboot sometimes. I do use it like a laptop on occasion as well LOL.

My current issues are
Battery life 5000mah fast charger need two more or a 15000 and the fact that it's a bulky rectangle.

The random reboots when I max out the CPU

Needs a couple like moto z force probably but I still don't like the moto z force cost or the way the battery pack would fall off if I dropped I believe

Is the moto z force guaranteed unbreakable like turbo. Are either waterproof.

I would like the fingerprint reader from the force but wish it were round like apples all androids seem to be square fingerprint readers did Apple copyright a circle fingerprint reader if so that a bummer since apples is the best fingerprint reader I've seen so far for comfort and reliability and Android vendors I hope catch up(that just my opinion) what do you guys think of the Android fingerprint readers

Nuff said for this am lol :) I'll check back later to see response s

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro

There are two models. The Moto Z Force Droid and the Moto Z Droid. The Moto Z Force Droid has a shatter shield screen, the Moto Z Droid does not. Neither phone is advertised as waterproof, but they do have the same water repellent nano coating as did the Turbo 2, Turbo and Droid Maxx.

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Ok that sounds good I wonder if there are any drop test videos of the force with magnetic battery to see if it splits appart.

Tangent
I just taped up the light on the Qi charger so the light won't bother me so much at night

Current issue I'm back to now is the phone not sleeping when Qi charging without power button push
I just searched the app store but only see lock and sleep phone instead of screen off and I can't find a Tasker way to detect Qi charging and turn screen off say after 30 seconds unless daytime for instance. I have posted on similar things to this before but the issue is back and I can't find out what app or setting is preventing sleep after 30 which is what I have set. Any ideas on apps or settings to fix.

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I use about 10 apps regularly the rest are things that sync and chew battery like social networking and oncall pager app and the like. I haven't been able to identify what chews the battery. Verizon says it's the combination. If I don't install any apps and use straight out of the box apps it lasts alot longer. Believe it or not the turbo is actually doing the best out of any phone I've had except that when I really max it out and I dont start in a specific order ie voice activate Google maps navigation and Sirius over blue tooth and have it change Sirius Chanel's or update the destination via voice and then it lags or has to reboot sometimes. I do use it like a laptop on occasion as well LOL.

My current issues are
Battery life 5000mah fast charger need two more or a 15000 and the fact that it's a bulky rectangle.

The random reboots when I max out the CPU

Needs a couple like moto z force probably but I still don't like the moto z force cost or the way the battery pack would fall off if I dropped I believe

I would like the fingerprint reader from the force but wish it were round like apples all androids seem to be square fingerprint readers did Apple copyright a circle fingerprint reader if so that a bummer since apples is the best fingerprint reader I've seen so far for comfort and reliability and Android vendors I hope catch up(that just my opinion) what do you guys think of the Android fingerprint readers

Nuff said for this am lol :) I'll check back later to see response s

Hi..I have the moto z force for about a month..I like it a lot but I'm not very demanding of what it does. I find the fingerprint device very good and the fact that it's square rather than round doesn't seem to make a difference.. It works well.. the screen is unbreakable but it does scratch..I bought a glass protector by zagg and it's guaranteed lifetime. My Verizon tech applied it for me and it is good..I registered it with zagg and they will replace it if it breaks and I send the broken part back. Neither z or z force is waterproof. I like the camera just fine.. But I'm not too fussy or too technical about it. The back cover doesn't fall off if you drop it. The magnet is very strong. I don't think it's designed to protect against breakage, just to protect the metal connectors you need to put on a mod. I haven't got any mods yet. I bought an Incipio case from Verizon for about $30- 20% from Verizon because I had it with my motoX and it survived tons of times being dropped without problems.. The first week I had the z force without a case, I dropped it twice because it is slippery and I'm a klutz! I made minor scratches and I scuffed one of the corners a bit. I wish I had listened to my Verizon salesman and bought the case and the glass cover the first day, but with the cover on and the case on now, it's all good! That being said, my son, who is very " techie" bought the same phone the week before me and I got to play with it before I bought mine. He loves it too and has the projector mod which he uses a lot and loves it. If there were major complaints he would have told me, but he is very satisfied.. he uses many more of its features than I do and his needs would probably be more like what a serious user would be than my needs are... Any more questions, just let me know and I'll try to answer them out I can ask my son...I don't think he's on the forums currently, but I'll ask him.. Good luck!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Ok that sounds good I wonder if there are any drop test videos of the force with magnetic battery to see if it splits appart.

Tangent
I just taped up the light on the Qi charger so the light won't bother me so much at night

Current issue I'm back to now is the phone not sleeping when Qi charging without power button push
I just searched the app store but only see lock and sleep phone instead of screen off and I can't find a Tasker way to detect Qi charging and turn screen off say after 30 seconds unless daytime for instance. I have posted on similar things to this before but the issue is back and I can't find out what app or setting is preventing sleep after 30 which is what I have set. Any ideas on apps or settings to fix.

@SMYDSMITH Just a note.. with the z force you have to buy a battery mod ($99) to use the Qi charger. I bought it and wasn't told. I had to return it. The Verizon people in my store weren't aware of that fact. They took the charger back, no problem. I found that the battery mod made the phone too heavy and too thick for me and I couldn't find a case that would fit over the phone with the battery mod on. P S I had to remove the backing it came with before I put on my Incipio case. The Verizon guys says that was OK, as long as the case was on, the connectors in the back were protected properly.. I paid $720 for my z force thru Verizon over the phone and they set up a payment plan of $30/ month for 2 years... You might get a better deal.. My son bought his outright from best buy and paid less but then had to connect to Verizon after and he got 1 free mod with the deal they had in August.

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
I just got my Moto Z Force from BB about 10 days ago. Did deviec Payment and Got a $200 BB Gift Card Applied it to the Down Payment and payments are only $20/mo. Came with the JBL Speaker Mod. Next will be the Incipio OffGrid with Wireless. That is about it for now unless the Projector comes down to a Attractive Price. Love this Phone!

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I just got my Moto Z Force from BB about 10 days ago. Did deviec Payment and Got a $200 BB Gift Card Applied it to the Down Payment and payments are only $20/mo. Came with the JBL Speaker Mod. Next will be the Incipio OffGrid with Wireless. That is about it for now unless the Projector comes down to a Attractive Price. Love this Phone!
You got a great deal! Enjoy your z force! I love mine too!