Droid ultra or droid maxx

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
The lack of an SD card is a definite no no in my book....in don't like this push for us to use clouds. Especially with unlimited data gone.... and they keep looking for ways to pry it away from the people who are clinging to it..

OP
add119

add119

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
To many look at my signature.
Well I dont like Samsung so this feature will keep me at bay.
I personally like their device but I'm not Samsung fan don't like the company to much.
I respect their specs and top of game. But like apple, Motorola isnt going to make device that make you say wow it work it work.

No offensive Google bearly use dual core on gaming and with GPU of quad core why do Motorola need to put quad core on CPU again?
80% of games are ported from apple they use dual core we don't need quad core CPU.

Unless ya becoming specs whore.
Like window users calls us.

While I give credit to whoever that created this SD card/mini USB Extender as it is very helpful for those that purchase devices without SD card storage. It is not solution and should not be viewed as a reason to purchase a device with internal only storage. It still is temporary solution, after all it would be hard to charge the device with a half-inch plug sticking out of the side of the device. In which case something's still gotta go.

Team DROID

KaChow

Reaction score
If I had to pick a Motorola device of the four newly available Maxx, Ultra, Mini or X. I would have to go with the X. While I hate to say this (as I happen to like Motorola) the Droid line is not going to get much attention when it comes to Development. Are the Droid devices interesting and worth exploring, I think so, but I tend to see the new Droid line as a "really great stock phone." It simply is not going to be a hot item off the self, with what is already out there. The Moto X is going to steal the show, it's not a high-end device, but it is going to be easy to customize. This is one of those devices that can easily be broken down and taken apart and reconstructed very easily, which that is very important. This will attract more Development as it already has, the Bootloader will be crackable on this device with Verizon, if it makes into the right Devs hands and there is enough support behind this.

When it comes to choosing the Droid line, if you want a great phone that performs extremely as locked and stock device, then you are consumer the Droid line is targeting. But, if you want a device that can be customized, cracked, and hacked then the Moto X is your best shot from Motorola.

jimmythegent

Reaction score
Who cares really? I mean most of us have ONE freaking SD card, MOST of us bought our phones with a contract, MOST of us paid between $150 and $250. MOST of us are not even using up anywhere near 8 GBS of memory.

I get the "freedom" part... but if any of you had the experience with Android since really its inception, there is no doubt most freedoms have been taken away. For example, this garbage about "rooting", what trash. The whole attraction to Android initially was that it was up against the iPhone, once the iPhone blew up, Google and others saw that we like smart phones, so they jumped on the band wagon, BUT they had an OPEN Source, not closed like the iPhone.

Now your telling me I have to basically JAIL BREAK my phone to access features I was already supposed to be able to access?

LOL, I find it funny that people are actually hanging onto the one last thing they left "open" for us, and thats some SD Card slot.

There is no arguing that the iPhone and Androids are starting to "merge" as the data from what people want start to create a main stream, hell, even notice how some phones have "Mini's" now? Why? Because they know MOST people do not want 5.5" screens.

The Note was in no way expected to sell the way it did, but it did, to that certain market.

SD Cards go bad anyway in time.
'

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
@jimmythegent I this it's important enough for plenty of us...It's great with Android we all have choices..But what's important to you and me might not be to others...so I can't say who cares? or it's silly when someone else might want that specific feature...Moto will have enough people that will love the phone it's a quality build...At the same time I and plenty of others like a bigger screen....or my sd card which is 64GB and holds about 32GB of music and stuff I want to myself ..I don't want cloud I will hold onto a card for as long they have them available...You can enjoy all these phones(most) stock as out of the box ..especially now with the new technology ...but some people like to root and unlock ...you see different strokes for different folks...

I've never had a sd card go bad...can they sure of course...I back up weekly what's most important...a phone can crap out too and you lose it all...

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I also have never had an SD Card go bad. I am still using the original one I used in my Droid 1.
It saddens me to see people say "blah, who needs an SD card... I can keep my stuff in Google's Cloud".
Great. If so many cannot see how sad that is, and how useful removable storage is, it almost makes my weep.

NOVICE

Reaction score
Won't give up on removable battery.

Just won't do it.

OP
add119

add119

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
To many look at my signature.
Who have ultra at moment and play with the x?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2