Droid X Armband???

V1king

Reaction score
I turned my Droid around this time and put it in camera-side up. It fits better this way, although the top portion is still a little exposed. However, you can access the buttons much better. All in all, Tune Belt is comfortable and it works. I would buy it again if I lost it.

jprett2

Reaction score
nxe store - ActiveSLEEVEtradeUniversal

I just purchased that at sports authority. It works very well and the Droid X fits! It comes in S,M,L and XL sizes. For 30 dollars you get two sleeves. Does not have a window to access the screen so you have to take the phone out to use it, but I only use it to track my running so I didn't need that access.

Grunnsetning

Reaction score
It doesn't stay in place on my arm very well. I have only used it once. Not too impressed.

canoefoot

Reaction score
condensation problems?

After going through the thread, I see a lot of great options, but still curious about condensation and damage to my DX. Here in Nebraska it is muggy 3 out of 4 seasons. Humidity + sweat = soggy phone /nervous runner.
Really looking at the droid arm band. looks nice and thin. Would like to know if it is truly a 'full operation in case' case...

sdbroker

Reaction score
I just received my arm band case from

Droid Armband :: Run & Walk with your Droid X, Droid 2 and Droid Incredible!

and it appears to be everything I was looking for. $22.90 shipped to your door in about 3 days. Droid X does fit tight and you can still use your controls. I was just back from a run when I saw it was here, the next test will be to see if I like something on my arm.

I also have the Motorola S10-HD bluetooth headphones to use with it, should be interesting to see if this setup really works. I would enjoy being able to go for a run and still be working my job!

Jackseric

Reaction score
Tune Belt Thumbs Up

OK, got a Tune Belt from Amazon for my wife and I both, a few weeks ago.

Here are my opinions/review:
  • It's a tight fit... just how it should be for athletic activity.
  • The build quality feels pretty solid... more solid than anything else I've seen out there.
  • BUY the armband extension. No, I said BUY IT!
  • The window is not an EXACT fit, but damn close. I'm happy with it.
  • FORGET about keeping your hard/gel case on. It ain't gonna work!
  • Did I mention buying the armband extender? I have skinny to medium sized arms, and I'm fine with it, but wish I had bought the extender just for ease of taking it on/off while sliding it over my shirt.
It's not perfect, but closer to it than any of the others I've checked out. For $20 with the extender, I don't think you're going to find anything better!

Eric

travisn000

Reaction score
After going through the thread, I see a lot of great options, but still curious about condensation and damage to my DX. Here in Nebraska it is muggy 3 out of 4 seasons. Humidity + sweat = soggy phone /nervous runner.
Really looking at the droid arm band. looks nice and thin. Would like to know if it is truly a 'full operation in case' case...

This may be an option...

Motorola Droid X Waterproof Case Motorola Droid X Accessories

So you're looking for a waterproof case for your Motorola Droid X? Well, there may be several to choose from, but meet the first Motorola Droid X Waterproof case that lets you pump out the air to create a perfect vacumm seal while still being able to plug in your headphones!
WATERPROOF TO 100 FEET
-Vacuum sealed
-Stays dry even underwater
-Crystal clear for photo taking
-Stereo & Microphone jack
-Buoyant removable armband
-Every case tested overnight

EDIT:

Here is another source:
http://www.techiewarehouse.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=DryCase

Last edited:

BluSqrrl

Reaction score
Does it need to be an ARM band?

I, too, bought the tune belt arm band, and I am less than enamored with it. I wanted something to wear when I ran outside, both to play music and to connect to my favorite running site. But the sun glaring off of the plastic cover of the tune belt made it impossible to see, and having it on your upper arm means you almost have to take it off to operate it anyway. By accident, I found the ultimate (for me) way around this.

By chance, I had an Amphipod hydration belt laying around. In addition to detachable water bottles, this thing has a velcro closing pouch that is the perfect size for my Droidx! In the mesh pocket of the pouch, the bluetooth is able to communicate with the headphones and the GPS can make contact with the satellites. It is easy to remove from the pouch to mark laps, change playlists, etc.

If you go this route, I totally recommend Zagg's Invisible Shield. That improves the grip to the point where you don't need to worry about it slipping through your fingers when you take it out.

lancedirk13

Reaction score
I really wish I could find one that would secure around my forearm. Would make operating the phone a breeze while running.

I did buy the Tune Belt at Academy Sports and it was OK at best. As another poster said, the plastic made it near impossible to even see the screen in the daytime. Trying for a quick fix, I cut out the plastic and now my phone won't stay in it. I'm stupid.

BluSqrrl

Reaction score
Trying for a quick fix, I cut out the plastic and now my phone won't stay in it.
HAHAHA! I did the same thing. I did have the foresight to leave a horizontal plastic strip so the thing stays in, but it looks like crap and I hate it.

BUT dancedroid

I found these Amphipod ArmPod carriers at running warehouse. I used it for the first time today, in combo with a bumper box, just in case. Turned out I didn't really need the box. It worked out great sans hood. (It might work great with the hood too, I just didn't use it.) Still a little hard to see in the sun, as any backlit thing will be, but not nearly as bad as plastic. It fits great and stays put without bouncing.

(link to product) Amphipod ArmPod Carrier

Peace,
Beth