Droid X - GB 596 OTA - Auto-DeOdexer

ArmyDude

Droid X - GB 596 Leaked OTA - Auto-DeOdexer

Below is a link to an Auto-DeOdexer that I created.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GEUT2H59

What's in the file? I used xUltimate's program 2.2.3 to DeOdex the Leaked OTA updated phone. Took the deodexed files and created the proper script (Thanks 928Droid for the inspiration!) to install the files and get rid of the Odex files.

I took a test Droid X.... updated to 2.3.3 / 4.5.596... was previously rooted... bootstrapped.... and installed the above linked file that I created.

Starting from a clean 2.3.340 SBF... factory reseted phone... and used Z4Root to root.... then updated to GB 2.3.3 / 4.5.596... and it worked beautifully. Installed my theme... and done!

Step by Step:

As long as your phone has a clean system with 2.3.3 / 4.5.596 on it, this should work fine. Doing a data wipe may not be necessary, but if you are having issues, attempt to do that as well.

1. AS ALWAYS! Perform a backup before DeOdexing your phone!
2. Root your phone with Z4Root. I've used 1.3.0 several times on a fresh 2.3.340 install without ever having a problem. Then updated to 2.3.3 / 4.5.596.
3. Install Droid X Bootstrapper by ClockworkMod found in the Market. Once installed, Bootstrap Recovery... then Reboot Recovery.
4. Once in recovery, go to install from zip, find this zip on your sdcard, and install.
5. Reboot and Enjoy!

I put a script at the beginning of this to check build.prop for the latest 4.5.596. If you have a modified build.prop or are not on 4.5.596... it should fail. I haven't been daring enough to install another build and attempt using this, so if you are that daring... feel free to do so. On 2.3.3 / 4.5.596... it gets past this without issue. dancedroid

I take no responsibility for what you do to your phone. This update works on rooted phones only. Currently I've only tested with Droid X Bootstrapper Recovery. Disable USB Debugging in order to use Droid X Bootstrapper. If someone is able to use Droid 2 Bootstrapper... then let me know.

Last edited:
OP
ArmyDude

ArmyDude

I've noticed a few reads of this thread... but no comments. Is anybody having success with it or problems?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Fitter459

So you have a deodexed copy of OTA gb .596? And you have superuser functions?

OP
ArmyDude

ArmyDude

Yes. As long as you are rooted on 2.3.340 prior to installing the "leaked OTA" files... you're good.

Edited original post to help with confusion.

Last edited:

Droid Xorcist

First off I sincerely apologize if this is in the wrong spot, I searched for an hour and can't find a better place. I've used this forum forever but never needed to post until now. Here's my question: I just got a new droid x, it has the ota 4.5.596 update and I want to root it. I know that there is no way to root 4.5.596 as of yet, I want to flash back to froyo and root, everytime I search for anything with "4.5.596" all im getting is ways to flash the rooted version. What sbf file would I download to downgrade to be able to root with z4root? Everything I find is talking about getting bootlooped etc. I've used rsdlite to flash my d1 so I am ok with sbf I just don't know what sbf file to search for. Any help would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance to anyone that can point me in the right direction!

OP
ArmyDude

ArmyDude

Not really the right spot.... But I'll try to help.

Since the 4.5.596 has the same bootloader.... 30.04... you should be able to SBF back to Froyo.

1. Go here for the SBF 2.3.340 Full SBF
2. Get RSDLite 4.9 HERE
3. Put the phone in bootloader mode by turning the phone on by holding the "Down" button, the Camera button, and the Home button as the same time.
4. Run RSDLite and select the SBF file.

After it's all said and done.... the phone should boot into 2.3.340 Froyo. You will have to reactivate the phone.

5. Root the phone with Z4Root.
6. Install Droid X or Droid 2 Bootstrapper.

Once you get that done and it's working, download the 2 files "File part 1" and "File part 2" HERE . Put that on the phones SD card and open Droid X bootstrapper into recovery. Install from Zip... find the part 1... run it... then run the Part 2 before exiting bootstrapper. Don't worry about the warning on the above link about the radio being .12. The factory Froyo is .07 and the .596 update gets the radio to .12.

Anyway, that should do it. Let me know if you can't figure it out.

Droid Xorcist

Only thing is unable to download the set of 2 files, Im ging to try to search for those somewhere else and then Ill report back my progress, thanks alot though Army, Huuh, 11 bravo here btw.

Droid Xorcist

Just flashed the 2.3.340 sbf from the link you posted, stuck in bootloader saying code corrupt, it said failed in rsdlite as well, not sure what to do now..

Fitter459

I had the same issue last week. You should be able to just press start again and retry. So long as you can get to the boot loader you should be able to flash it. Did the file size match up with the size listed on the link? I know the first time I dl'd the file it said it was complete at like 90 mb, but it should be like 280 something I think.

Fitter459

Also i read on another post about matching the md5 code, not sure how that is done, but might be worth checking into if it does not work.

Droid Xorcist

ya it downloaded the full 434mb, I can go into rsdlite and select the sbf file but when I hit start nothing happens and it doesnt seem to be recognizing the dx is connected, any thoughts?

brad92

Silver Member
The file I used was from TBH. I had to unzip it using WinRAR. I believe it was 258 mb downloaded.

sent from my ZombieStomped X

Droid Xorcist

Right now its stuck in bootloader saying the following: Bootloader 30.04 Code Corrupt Battery OK, OK to program, transfer mode:USB. Its not recognizing it as being connected in rsdlite so I cant even attempt to reflash the sbf, not sure what to do to try to reflash or even if that can be done from here..

Fitter459

Did you do the right click on rsd and set the check box under compatability tab to run as admin? I never did get rsd to recognize my phone as a droid, just as sd flash.