droid x ring tone

lucasarts

has anyone had this happen or know a fix ? this would be the 2nd time this has happened, I have lost my Droid X ring tone, my phone will perform the caller ID voice and Vibrate but no ring tone ( is quiet after that) I went to Verizon and the rep said I need to perform factory reboot ( which wiped out anything i had inputed after the phone was new, it just kept the programs, I can't see having to factory reboot twice nor keep on performing this just because the ring tone drops off. any ideas ? software is Froyo 2.2.1 and says no new updates.

On a separate note i have heard stories about the new Gingerbread software has anyone installed it on the X yet ?

anyone come across when sliding the lock to open your Droid it slides about 3/4 across then the phone has to reset ? is this a software issue ?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
when the ringtone goes away do you try turning the phone off and on? i haven't been using the stock software in some time but i remember there was an issue on blur that occasionally if the phone had not been turned off and on the ringtones would stop working.

as for gingerbread, there is a leaked version that you can flash but it requires root.

igknight

Ive never had this issue, but I have had my phone loose my custom ringtones a few times. I fixed this by moving my ringtones from my SD card to the system memory.

When this happens, can you go into your sound settings to change the ringtone and listen to see if it will play them? If it wont play them via the selector, I would say its software, but it it keeps occurring, it might be time for a new one or try re-flashing the X with the stock firmware.