Droid X stuck at M logo after trying to reflash GAPPS, then trying restore

ldeezy80

Okay, first off thank you to all of you for helping so much with getting where I have gotten so far with my X! I love it!

I'm having an issue I cant seem to find a resolve for. I rooted with framaroot, flashed CM9 and GAPPS. For some reason my play store, gmail, talk, etc. were not showing up in my apps. So I read on here to try and reflash GAPPS. Well, when I rebooted low and behold.....stuck at M logo.

So, more information I learned here, I rebooted to stock recovery (my only option), wiped data/reset, rebooted, and still stuck at M logo. I have done this over about 10 times to see if I could get it to stick, no luck.

I have searched for hours for a resolution without using SBF, but all I could find were posts from 2010 which didnt seem to apply to my phone. So, can anyone advise me of a method to try and fix this without using SBF? If SBF is my only option, I will use it, but would like an easier way if possible. I read somewhere about a maderschram update.zip, but it seemed to be old. Would this work? Any of you awesome people have any suggestions?

Thanks so much in advance.

EDIT: Mods, can someone move this to the Droid X Rescue Squad? Sorry about that.

Edit 2: If this matters, the way I got to recovery to flash cm9 initially was the Droid x bootstrapper app. This is Aldo what I used when I reflashed GAPPs, and had my problem.

Last edited:

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
At this point a SBF sounds like your only option.

Were you stock rooted or on another ROM when you flashed cm9? Droidxbootstrapper works but you need to turn off the md5 verification. The easier way would be to use droid 2 bootstrap.

Edit: moved to droid x tech support. :)

Sent from my XT926 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

OP
L

ldeezy80

I was stock rooted when I flashed cm9. That sucks, because I accidentally installed droid2bootstrapper initially, and when I went to reboot to flash I noticed it and said to myself, I have a Droid X, what am I doing?? So I refunded and purchased the droidxbootstrapper. Someone shoot me.

Soo....does that make a difference (stock rooted)? Still sound like SBF is only option?

Thanks for the prompt response, gocliffgo!

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Stock rooted is fine, I was just making sure it wasn't a complication of another ROM. If wiping in stock recovery didn't help and you can't access the DX bootstrapper then yea sorry, you need to SBF.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
What are you on now? If you were already on .621 you have no choice but to use it. Using an earlier version will bork your phone and you will have to SBF with .621 anyway to fix it. If you were on .605 or .602 use those....

If you are on .621 let me know and I have an easier method to sbf than that link.

Last edited:
OP
L

ldeezy80

Well I assume I am still on .621, since I am guessing rooting and flashing doesnt change that.

OP
L

ldeezy80

okay, I'll follow that guide. Thanks. will you be around for a while if any questions pop up?

OP
L

ldeezy80

well that didn't take long.....for a question. I am almost positive when I got the phone it was running 2.3.3. But I am not 100%. Is there anyway to check now? I see there are different files for different versions.