[ROM] Droid4HD For JB

dail

Reaction score
Motorola Services (*wakelock*) is using an incredibly high amount of my battery and draining it very quickly. I try to kill it, but it is constantly running and restarts upon killing the service almost immediately. Any advice on how to get rid of this service?

Montecarlo97z

Reaction score
running good so far, had some issues with lv and ulv overclocks so just using 1370. loving circle widgets

cron666

Reaction score
myfishbear said:
hard enough. got to decompile the app and add a bunch of code then recompile it... plus make usr changes. if you want it contribute do it lol.

Pretty sure its a decompile, xml edit, and recompile. Surely a knowlegable dev could do it.

cron666

Reaction score
myfishbear said:
thanks.... guess ppl dont like my work... im going to drop this

We are just so spoiled with everyone putting this feature in their roms.
The reason we don't use moto's stock roms is because they are missing these tiny features along with huge features like built in tethering.

What we really need is the devs to concentrate their efforts and work together to make fewer, but better roms. From the outside it almost looks like none of the devs talk to each other.

For other devices, long ago, I even heard of coding parties where devs would get together on teamspeak and attack major problems. For instance, hashcode seems to have trouble with bluetooth, and now camera flash. Other devs do nothing more than integrate an (IMO) ugly icon theme and move things around.

I'm glad you are one of our more quality devs, so thanks for all your work!
But seriously, why not add these simple features that lots of us use on a daily basis? Be more professional, as not all of us know how to decompile a smali file. Even more of us don't know what a .smali file is in the first place.
The elitism is a major thorne in the xda community, don't bring it here.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
myfishbear

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I didnt integrate em cuz i didnt want to. i can reboot my phone with vol buttons and power. i dont mod the stuff that isnt needed to keep stability up. i am not a professional coder. i work at the hospital and dont have much money so i try to make the phone i have better. thats why i dont have a s3 or something pricey. i got my d4 for like 49$ cuz i dont have a disposable income. bty i got my server from someone who donated it to me on xda, also got some coding help there from at least 4 different devs not counting all the tutorals which i read. they share alot.

Last edited by a moderator:

cron666

Reaction score
myfishbear said:
woah out of line! zack is a good guy... didnt integrate em cuz i didnt want to. i can reboot my phone with vol buttons and power. i dont mod the stuff that isnt needed to keep stability up. i am not a professional. i work at the hospital and dont have much money so i try to make the phone i have better. thats why i dont have a s3 or something pricey. i got my d4 for like 49$ cuz i dont have a disposable income.

Am I missing something? has zack contributed anything more than a themed AOKP with redudant softbuttons?

You may not be a professional android dev, but opportunities have been known to arise.

cron666

Reaction score
myfishbear said:
yeah your manners. if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all.

Ah yes those pesky manners.

You do make a good point about being able to reboot the device with power and voldown.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Guys we are all on the same team .. no need for personal attacks. To each their own. Be happy we have people doing these things. And no dev is under-appreciated..