Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Side bar - Why sell the GoPro? Don't like it.

Back on topic - Don't void the warranty!

OP
Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Side bar - Why sell the GoPro? Don't like it.

Back on topic - Don't void the warranty!
Side Bar - I didn't realize it doesn't have any stabilization on it, so you HAVE to mount it somewhere sturdy or run EVERYTHING through software to stabilize. Where even just my phone does a decent job of recording smoothly while I'm walking and purposely trying to maintain a smooth speed/balance of the camera. Also, my phone does noticeably better in low light.

Like I said, I'm basically just getting into doing some YT videos and not even really sure what all that will entail, but I managed to make my plowing video with some nice different angles with my tripod and a bungie cord and my dash mount. Can't really justify owning a camera that cost that much that I don't instinctively reach for when I want to record a video. Phone does just as well.

Back on Topic - I don't intend to. As much as I REALLY wanna try the thing out, I'm not going to run it through the muck, or even just water (also not recommended) on the first day.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Practice in the house first.
To the bathroom WOOSH! :D

Reminds me of my Drone. Wife got it for me for a birthday. (I thought I had every toy until you brought this thing up).
Practiced and practiced in the house. Took it to the park. Maiden voyage.... stuck it in a 100 ft tall tree. :( Luckily a friend lives in front of said park (Impet Park) and recovered it in January after all the leaves had fallen off the tree.

Now to see if she flies again. (Was in that tree for around 4 months....)

OP
Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Sounds about like my first experience with my cheap-o Radio Shack (RIP) drone. Kept hitting stuff in the house, so I though, "I'll take it outside. Never mind the snow on the ground. It'll be easy to find that way and it's open skies." Spent at least an hour combing ground in the neighbor's yard til my hands and feet were numb from the cold. No luck. Wife goes out when the snow melts and finds it right away. Still works.

We've got carpet in every room of the house except the bathroom. The stuff in the dining room/kitchen is the tightly packed stuff, but I'm not sure how the more plush stuff in the living room will affect this thing. Might start off in the garage.

I've watched their Tutorial video a couple of times. They recommend pumping to get it going so you don't have to try and compensate for the force of it accelerating from a standing position.

What could go wrong?

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sounds about like my first experience with my cheap-o Radio Shack (RIP) drone. Kept hitting stuff in the house, so I though, "I'll take it outside. Never mind the snow on the ground. It'll be easy to find that way and it's open skies." Spent at least an hour combing ground in the neighbor's yard til my hands and feet were numb from the cold. No luck. Wife goes out when the snow melts and finds it right away. Still works.

We've got carpet in every room of the house except the bathroom. The stuff in the dining room/kitchen is the tightly packed stuff, but I'm not sure how the more plush stuff in the living room will affect this thing. Might start off in the garage.

I've watched their Tutorial video a couple of times. They recommend pumping to get it going so you don't have to try and compensate for the force of it accelerating from a standing position.

What could go wrong?
ec4d96afe01548ad4aa464776cdb372b.jpg

f9e92e7c13182e6dd7d841ac39675fa6.jpg

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

OP
Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Ok, I'm hoping this eventually renders in full HD, because that's what I recorded and exported it in. The final video before upload looks super crisp and nice on my PC. Only showing 360p so far. I know the better resolutions take longer to show up. I wouldn't be so worried, but I used different software this time and I'm not altogether sure that it was worth the hassle of figuring out how to do certain things with it. Especially if it doesn't end up being full HD once YT is done processing it.

But, here it is...

EDIT: Yay! 1080p is now an option! Maybe I'll keep that software around after all. It's got more potential than Windows Movie Maker. Bought it a couple years ago to do ONE video and never looked back at it after that. Knowing it'll do HD right is a HUGE check in the plus column.

Last edited:

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Good stuff Jonny, nice work! Enjoy your new toy!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

OP
Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Omg! This thing is SO fun. The "Real/Feel" here is 17°. I rode the sucker til the battery died. Totally respectable distance. Road to the art center that Google Maps says is 1.3 miles away, rounded a block & took a different way back. I was well over halfway home when it started beeping at me. Didn't refuse to keep going for more than a yard or 2 until I was a block or 2 from home.

While it's possible to ride it manually, I chose to walk the rest of the way.

Totally uneven ground & a bit of an incline in the sidewalk at every Street, not to mention some other slight hills. I imagine that & possibly the cold effected overall distance, but I'm pleased with the results.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk