Embedded Flash Videos not working

swallman

Reaction score
Surprised I'm not seeing more complaints about this - seems that many sites that use embedded flash videos are no longer working in ICS.

Some of my favorite "adult" sites are included...:disappointed:

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
simple question did you download flash from market? and reminder family friendly folks:biggrin:

OP
swallman

swallman

Reaction score
simple question did you download flash from market? and reminder family friendly folks:biggrin:

Yep, that was the first thing I did...this was an issue during the early leaks as well...was hoping it would be fixed before release. I've tried FireFox, Opera and stock browser (Chrome doesn't support flash at all).

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
humm it works on my bionic ( ICS leak) it did not at first and had to download the app was only reason i asked . sorry cant be much help.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Flash works fine for me using Dolphin as well as the stock browser.

I did have to download Flash again from the Play store though. That's odd because I know I already had it installed prior to the ICS update.

Last edited:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
It was uninstalled for the ics update because flash is supposedly not supported. I downloaded flash too, on the stock browser and it works fine on school feed (Facebook) .

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I tried looking at some videos at yahoo sport nba and none would play. Could one of yall that has Flash working see if that site works?

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
I have the same problem with Flash. I have installed and re-installed Flash and it still isn't playing nice with ICS. Anyone with any ideas on a fix?

JP 5.56

Reaction score
The documentation I saw said flash not supported but you could download it and it MIGHT work. Even if Adobe is abandoning flash, it's still used by a TON of websites and should still be available for use, IMO.

I can't really get it to work at all. It'll appear to load the video, but it will never actually play it.

Last edited:

djembeman

Reaction score
Same problem!

They are already talking about this on the Motorola Forums.

I read on XDA that if you are rooted you can freeze an app called "Flash Uninstall for 4.04", uninstall flash and then re-install. They said flash functioned after this. Motorola, as part of the ICS Update force uninstalled flash.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
They are already talking about this on the Motorola Forums.

I read on XDA that if you are rooted you can freeze an app called "Flash Uninstall for 4.04", uninstall flash and then re-install. They said flash functioned after this. Motorola, as part of the ICS Update force uninstalled flash.

Yes, as part of the update, Adobe Flash gets uninstalled from phone. But you can then go to the Play store and download it again. No need to be rooted or to freeze anything. I'm not rooted, I downloaded it, and it's working fine on the sites I've used.

djembeman

Reaction score
Tried that.

Yes, as part of the update, Adobe Flash gets uninstalled from phone. But you can then go to the Play store and download it again. No need to be rooted or to freeze anything. I'm not rooted, I downloaded it, and it's working fine on the sites I've used.

I already tried that. South Park Studios doesn't work to watch episodes of South Park anymore. Reports by others indicate that it doesn't work on most websites. It is possible that the sites you are on are already using some form of HTML 5 and that's why they work?

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I already tried that. South Park Studios doesn't work to watch episodes of South Park anymore. Reports by others indicate that it doesn't work on most websites. It is possible that the sites you are on are already using some form of HTML 5 and that's why they work?

Nope. They're using Flash.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well I tried that xda fix and did a factory reset...still can't see videos at Yahoo sports NBA.

Might try to see of an older version works.