Extended Battery Door Broke

SSHGuru

Silver Member
I had to do a very rare battery pull tonight (wouldn't go on) and pulled off the back plate.

When I tried to put it back on the bottom left would not push in no matter what.

Verizon does not carry replacement extended battery backs.... told me to call Samsung. I did their chat they said to call during week.

Ironically I put the old standard battery back on and it's nearly fits perfectly. In fact I'll use it until the new back gets here. I had no idea how well the standard back fit with the extended battery.

hondaguy520

My bottom left decides not to fit flush. And it pushes out around the camera. D

Sent from my Googlaxus using DroidForums

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
It's not perfect but if I had to I could live with the standard door on the extended battery. It's almost perfect.

hondaguy520

I'm going to take a dremal to the inside of the OEM one and see how it fits the extended after that

hondaguy520

Haha I spelled it wrong but its a hand held power tool.. used to usually cut or grind small stuff. So I'm going to grind off some of the plastic on the inside of the original door to help fit the extended battery better:)

billyk

I am a GNex newbie, but my back goes on easy when I seat the bottom tabs first and then snap the rest of the back on. If those bottom tabs don't seat, I don't just push them in, I take the back off and re-set those bottom tabs, then snap in all around.

You can get a new oem extended battery back plate off eBay for like $6. My first one broke also and I ordered one from eBay. Works perfect

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

ShinyTop

Think of the bottom tabs as hooks. When mine would not fit I used my fingernail to pull the tab out, then it worked great.

xeene

Gold Member
I am a GNex newbie, but my back goes on easy when I seat the bottom tabs first and then snap the rest of the back on. If those bottom tabs don't seat, I don't just push them in, I take the back off and re-set those bottom tabs, then snap in all around.
that's exactly right. the quick reference guide for the phone states to insert the bottom tabs first and then snap in the rest. http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/EM/201111/20111115153841927/GT-I9250_QSG_EU_Eng_Rev.1.0_111029a_Screen.pdf

Liderc

Silver Member
Yeah, should be putting the bottom tabs in first by laying it in at an angle, then you lay it flat and snap the others in.