Facebook Notifications

nursegurl

Reaction score
I'm not getting wall post or comment notifications on my Droid X. I get notifications for private messages and friend requests only. I have tried deleting fb and reinstalling it, rebooting my phone, updating it to the newest version, etc. I'm so frustrated because my mom has the same exact phone I do and she gets all fb notifications. Both of our settings are exactly the same. Verizons tech support was no help and suggested a hard reset, which I don't want to do. Any suggestions?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Are you using the built in blur messenger app or the official FB app? Ensure sync is turned on in settings/my accounts and in the FB app, go to the menu page, push menu hard key, settings, and ensure all notifications you want are checked.

Pudge

Reaction score
I have the same issue with the official App. All sync and settings are correct. I just chalked it up to an issue with the app.

carlz28

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I have the same issue with the official App. All sync and settings are correct. I just chalked it up to an issue with the app.

This.

The Facebook app is very spotty as far as when push notifications are sent. Sometimes I get them all, and right away. Other times I'll only get 1/10th of my notifications and it could be an hour later. Or a combination of each scenario. Its not your phone, its the Facebook app itself.
Also check to see if your settings are set up properly on Facebook itself. Meaning you have it checked/unchecked to receive notifications while you are logged into the main site.
Being on 3G or wifi seems to matter a little too. Usually while on wifi, I get nearly all my notifications. On 3G is when it seems to be spotty.

But rest assured, its an issue with the FB app :)
Its come along way, but still needs some major improvements.

OP
N

nursegurl

Reaction score
Thanks for the help. What settings on the site are you talking about? Under notifications I have it set to notify via email. Sms and email are my only options. Am I missing something?

carlz28

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Thanks for the help. What settings on the site are you talking about? Under notifications I have it set to notify via email. Sms and email are my only options. Am I missing something?

There is an option somewhere, and for the life of me I can't find it now.
Lets say you are logged into Facebook on an actual desktop computer. This setting would turn off your mobile notifications while you are logged in to the computer. Then once you sign off/log out from the computer, the alerts would again be sent to your phone. I guess its to stop redundant alerts. Since you're logged in online, there's no need to have them sent to your phone also. I swear it was in the "notifications" section, but since I can't activate mobile alerts (a whole other issues...grrr) that option may not be available.
But I'm not sure. Facebook may have removed that setting.

Reaction score
I never get notifications for wall posts or comments either. I DO get notifications for messages (like PMs) and events only.l

mithu

Reaction score
Has anyone have facebook notification problem? Mine stopped giving me notification. It just randomly stopped :/

Any help would be great

Thanks
Mithu

jovapa

Reaction score
do you get notification through texts or the app? i dont think I've ever gotten consistent notifications through the app, and texts come through about 60% of the time...

Has anyone have facebook notification problem? Mine stopped giving me notification. It just randomly stopped :/

Any help would be great

Thanks
Mithu

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

mithu

Reaction score
Thru the app. They were consistent. They wud say every half hour, or hour (depends on the refreshal rate). But they just stopped completely.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

jovapa

Reaction score
dont know if it matters, but i just checked my settings, and the notification ringtone was set to "silent", which seems weird to me. not sure if it'll make any difference, but i changed it to something that will actually make noise...

zero7404

Reaction score
the app is poorly integrated with fb .... i only see notifications after i start fb on my fone

posted via android

jovapa

Reaction score
well, nothing changed for me yesterday after changing the notification tone setting yesterday. thinking about it, i don't know if I have ever gotten notifications when i wasn't directly using the app. I get sms notifications, but sometimes those are hit and miss. I know that doesn't help OP much, just sayin'.

mithu

Reaction score
Yeah. i know. But i used to get hourly notification thry FB app. So i removed Bloo. But last few weeks, it just stopped, and i never liked Bloo cuz it had sooo many fault.

But thanks for helping.