Facebook sync

jigsawkilr

Reaction score
Does anyone know why facebook isn't syncing with my Droid? When I go to contacts, accounts, it shows gmail syncing fine but on facebook I get an error saying that sync is expericing errors and will be back shortly. Been this way for over a month,anyone else having this problem. So sorry if this question has already been asked

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
not an answer to your problem but I know that facebook has been having problems with its applications(stupid stupid facebook). try maybe uninstalling and reinstalling?

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
Unfortunately for everyone, it's because Facebook sucks ass and won't make a decent widget for Android. This might be unique to you, but rest assured that everyone has had issues with Facebook and their lack of support.

OP
jigsawkilr

jigsawkilr

Reaction score
How would I uninstall l and reinstall it? Never installed anything to get it to sync with fb.(unless im missing something) It just did. Sorry for the ignorance

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
How would I uninstall l and reinstall it? Never installed anything to get it to sync with fb.(unless im missing something) It just did. Sorry for the ignorance

can you go to the market and click it and click uninstall? i dont know if its preloaded or not (might not be able to uninstall it).

OP
jigsawkilr

jigsawkilr

Reaction score
I really didn't want to uninstall it because I will loose all my existing contacts then if it doesn't sync I will not be able to get them back. Is anyone else having this issue? Wandering if it is fb or my stupid droid

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
what r u trying to sync if you already have all your contacts

OP
jigsawkilr

jigsawkilr

Reaction score
Im referring to my FB contacts. Not updates or notifications. could care less about that stuff. Just that I have friends on fb that there email and numbers are not syncing to my phone.I am having to enter every new contact manually

davesr72

Reaction score
On this Ultimate Droid 8.6.3 build, I can't even add an account for facebook to sync.. acts like it wants to start but then disappears.

I have installed the market update, and still nothing. Any help would be appreciated.

btw, i updated to 8.6.3, and overcloced to adamz medium voltage 120 and my droid is screaming... definatelyt do not want to downgrade to vzw 2.1 ota.....

awesome build BD and team!!!!

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
facebook just put out an update. try that out

Raeuber

Reaction score
I just installed the update and at least the widget is fixed and finally loads right up.

davesr72

Reaction score
facebook

The widget and the app itself work fine..

when i go to setup, account&sync, and add account.. i touch facebook, it just goes back to the "general sync settings" menu.. i am stumped.

crazy51guy

Reaction score
Yeah, I've gotten two facebook app updates today. One was just a few minutes ago, try that one too.

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
2.1 AND a Facebook update in the same day?

Hell really is freezing over...