Factory Fire in South Korea Could Affect Samsung Galaxy S5 Production

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Samsung_Partner_Plant_Fire_01.jpg

Early yesterday morning a fire swept through a factory plant in Anseong, South Korea which could have ramifications for production of the Samsung Galaxy S5. According to the report, this factory manufactures printed circuit boards which were going to be for the Galaxy S5, Samsung's next flagship smartphone. It took 300 firefighters nearly 6 hours to get the fire under control which began around 7:00am on Sunday.

Samsung_Partner_Plant_Fire_02.jpg

Luckily, Samsung does partner with other PCB OEMs so it won't delay the launch of the device. It could cause shortages in supply numbers. The damage from the fire is estimated to be around $1 Billion USD. For now, there is no word on the cause of the fire.

Source: SamMobile

Asgard

Reaction score
I find it a little depressing that in all the places reporting about this, there are no notification of clarification if there was someone injured during the fire, but everyone wants to be sure that their little phone is going to be there on time instead of 5 days later.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I find it a little depressing that in all the places reporting about this, there are no notification of clarification if there was someone injured during the fire, but everyone wants to be sure that their little phone is going to be there on time instead of 5 days later.

You have a point.. But that's the nature of the beast... What can ya say.?

djarmin

Reaction score

I wish I could like this x1000.

THESHADOW1937

Reaction score
It's the timescwe live in. Human life is not appreciated as it was in "the days of yore." And that is very unfortunate.

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Agreed. I looked for that information amongst a half a dozen reports on the fire. I also looked to see if they had any clue as to how it was started. I couldn't find any more info regarding those details... it's frustrating, but I posted what info I had.