Factory reset not working correectly, please help22225694

bwestner

Reaction score
My Razr (XT912 with factory settings) starting acting strangely tonight. I would repeatedly receive the same text messages, then after restarting my phone, windows would immediately pop-up telling me that certain apps have stopped (e.g. gmail, fandango, etc.). I figured I would just go ahead and do a factory reset. It wouldn't let me do a soft reset, the screen would just hang. I was able to get to the boot menu by holding the power button and volume down button.. Doing so, I chose to factory reset and wipe all data. After it said that the data wipe was complete, I restarted the phone, but nothing has changed, all the data/apps/settings are still there. Then I just hooked it up to my computer and chose to format the internal storage. Restarted the phone and everything's still there. I'm not sure if this is a virus or what, but anyone have any ideas how to fix this? I haven't downloaded any new apps recently or accessed any dangerous websites or opened any e-mail attachments. Thanks!

boombap3

Reaction score
Have you found a solution yet? I have the EXACT same problems your are having with my original Droid Razr. Also I keep getting notifications such as "Account Action Required" and "Sign-in error." I have tried everything.

thewriggler

Reaction score
I am in the exact same boat. Problems started yesterday, 11/27/13. I have performed a hard factory reset through "Settings" menu, as well as the "volume up/volume down" method about 20 times today. Phone reboots after it says "Data Wipe Complete" as if I never performed the factory reset. Every time I reboot, it's like I'm restarting my phone as of 11/26/13, except with all the apps stopping and random restarts when I open up random apps. All text messages received since yesterday have magically disappeared as well.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated!