FDR Question

DB_Tae

Reaction score
I'm just wondering EXACTLY what gets deleted from my phone if I do a Factory Data Reset. For example, will my contacts still be there? (Assuming that I don't also delete my Internal Storage, but in case I do, would I have to move all of my contacts to my SD card)?

mattjenn

Reaction score
Contacts should be linked to Google account or backup asst so when you restore they should as well after you sign in

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
If you do the FDR, (maybe even more than once to be certain) and you don't set it back up with your account, everything is gone but the current version of Android and stock apps. Once you set it back up, with the same account and also tell it to sync with Google, all the previously installed apps should be available and contracts will sync with the cloud. If Google had been syncing correctly before, some other settings will also come back like previous WiFi connections.

Suuperflie

Reaction score
People make a big deal about fdr like its such a pain to do, but it only takes a few mins to set everything back up the way it was. You may have to re-setup your widgets, that's it.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3

rcblate

Reaction score
I just did a FDR. It only took a minute to do. The painful part was that my apps did not download automatically as they did in a previous FDR. Is there a setting that makes this automatic? That was a painful experience to manually re download over 130 apps! They where attached to my gmail account but just would not download by themselves.....

Phone seems to be working better which was the goal in the first place.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Make certain you have the correct Google account, then open the Play Store app. tap the settings button lower left - then settings and check auto update

rcblate

Reaction score
I must admit, phone is working much better after FDR. Vzw also fixed my network extender which was messed up and gave me a new sim card for the phone. All in, it was a successful weekend w/vzw and the bionic. Angst level very low at the moment!

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
thanks for the good news! Always great to hear success stories.

sent from my Note2 using tapatalk 4 beta

Dalvik_Cache

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
It always takes me forever, but I have to root it, install Tasker install SL4A, all my shell scripts, setup my VPN connection, import all my scripts, etc. So, I don't care for wiping very much. Its a huge PITA.