Final Froyo Release for Sapphire by CCRoms V2.02 Next Up Gingerbread

illmatic636

Reaction score
see if this works using RM. if not then extract the apk from the zip and install using adb or root explorer.

Thanks undroid! I had to mess with it a bit but I got it to work! Its only been a few hours but so far this ROM is great!

Edit: had to add, the Galaxy S widget is awesome! Best I've seen!

How the hell did you get the dictionary back in??? I cant get the freaking ADB crap to work for me and when I use root explorer it keeps saying application not installed!!! I feel like throwing this dam phone I'm so pissed right now!!!

Simply just download a alternative keyboard with the dictionary working. You don't need ADB. Google Gingerbread keyboard Droid 1 and you'll find a universal one in Droid-Life. Download it and install like an average apk.

ducky124

Reaction score
I can honestly say that after installing 2.02 that my phone has never run better. It smooth, fast and battery life is great. It is such a shame to see CVPCS give up on it.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
I can honestly say that after installing 2.02 that my phone has never run better. It smooth, fast and battery life is great. It is such a shame to see CVPCS give up on it.

Well there is a "Team Phoenix" that is starting work in picking up where CVPCS left off. Also CVPCS just moved over to Cyanogenmod to support the D1 amongst other things.

Armyof2

Reaction score
So it's safe to say this ROM will ...rise from the ashes...

I hate myself just a lil for that pun

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
It was a good pun :). I have been keeping an eye out on Team Phoenix on twitter. Hopefully it does rise from the ashes.

jason6g

Reaction score
the power control widget in the notifications goes away for me after a reboot. I have to go to gem settings and uncheck and check the "display galaxy S widget" box and then it comes back. Anyone else notice this?

i have the same problem =/

themed and just a stock install.

i thought it could be something with settings, but i tried a fresh install, let it boot completely and sit on the home screen for about 10 minutes, then went through and changed gem settings manually to allow for the power control widget, and still when i reboot its not there.

seems almost like a permissions issue on boot or something with the boot scripts. who knows. its not THAT big of a deal to me, but thought id chime in with my situation as well :D

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
the power control widget in the notifications goes away for me after a reboot. I have to go to gem settings and uncheck and check the "display galaxy S widget" box and then it comes back. Anyone else notice this?

i have the same problem =/

themed and just a stock install.

i thought it could be something with settings, but i tried a fresh install, let it boot completely and sit on the home screen for about 10 minutes, then went through and changed gem settings manually to allow for the power control widget, and still when i reboot its not there.

seems almost like a permissions issue on boot or something with the boot scripts. who knows. its not THAT big of a deal to me, but thought id chime in with my situation as well :D

I did not have these problem with 2.0.2 but I was running a different ccrom kernel. The 1.1ghz med vol. from ccroms.net for sapphire. Maybe a different ccrom kernel will resolve the issue?

EdTheUniqueGeek

Reaction score
I'm new to installing ROMs and hope that I am posting to the right area for assistance.
Can someone please tell me what is the difference between sapphire-2.0.2-update.zip and sapphire-2.0.2-gapps-update.zip? Is one just the straight ROM while the other is the ROM with Google Apps?
I've just installed sapphire-2.0.2-update.zip using ROM Manager and it loaded fine. Now, how do I get the Google Apps installed? Is that what sapphire-2.0.2-gapps-update.zip is for? If so, how do I install it?

ducky124

Reaction score
I'm new to installing ROMs and hope that I am posting to the right area for assistance.
Can someone please tell me what is the difference between sapphire-2.0.2-update.zip and sapphire-2.0.2-gapps-update.zip? Is one just the straight ROM while the other is the ROM with Google Apps?
I've just installed sapphire-2.0.2-update.zip using ROM Manager and it loaded fine. Now, how do I get the Google Apps installed? Is that what sapphire-2.0.2-gapps-update.zip is for? If so, how do I install it?

one is the ROM, the other is just the Google apps