Flash Player not getting along with UD 8.0

Reaction score
This happened to me when I installed SS 4.7 as well...when you use Flash Player to listen to a radio station, the voice is slowed down and drug out like someone is slowwwwwing down a 33 record with their finger (some of you may be too young to know what a record is!).

The only thing I know is it is definitely a UD 8.0 problem; Flash was working fine with UD 7.0.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
What radio station or website r u using?... I'll test it out as well...

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
yea, what website. I don't have issues i don't think...

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I just tried one of my local stations that stream live and I got the same issue...I'll try some other stations and see if it's all of the streaming radio websites

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Another radio station's live streaming confirms the same issue as well... not sure what's the cause...tried reflashing Adobe Flash and still the same... I do remember UDv7.0 working correctly though..

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
@DarthMurdicide.... did you happen to wipe data when you installed UDv8?... I ask because I didn't and am trying to see if that might be a possible culprit

dave4100

Reaction score
I have the same issue on a local D.C. radio station.

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I've linked this thread to the UDv8.0 sticky thread so that Blackdroid has a better chance to see this thread.... I'm sure he'll find the problem quickly...:)

reebz

Reaction score
I just tried listening to a local radio station streaming over the web and it sounds fine. I didn't wipe data, but wiped cache three times before installing UD 8.0

OP
DarthMurdicide
Reaction score
Alright don't make fun, but EVERY time I install a ROM, I wipe both the data and the cache 7 times each (OCD), so I know that's not the issue. Thanks so much to everyone who helped confirm it wasn't just me!

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I just tried listening to a local radio station streaming over the web and it sounds fine. I didn't wipe data, but wiped cache three times before installing UD 8.0
Hmmmm, any other stations playing correctly also?

the blackdroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Ok, heres the deal is guys. I have added the fix for the stagefright issue, but this in turn causes the issue with the flash player, I can go ahead and make you guys a fix but the fix would be disabling stagefright and enabling opencore. This would give good sound quality but overall lower bench marks. I will go ahead and put together a patch for you guys that will allow you to enable and disable stagefright from the settings menu.

Last edited:

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Ok, heres the deal is guys. I have added the fix for the stagefright issue, but this in turn causes the issue with the flash player, I can go ahead and make you guys a fix but the fix would be disabling stagefright and enabling opencore. This would give good sound quality but overall lower bench marks. I will go ahead and put together a patch for you guys that will allow you to enable and disable stagefright from the settings menu.

Thanks BD....one question though, disabling stagefright in favor of opencore would cause more video buffering times, right? I thought I have used stagefright and still listened to streaming radio?....maybe not since Froyo...can't remember.

the blackdroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

Thanks BD....one question though, disabling stagefright in favor of opencore would cause more video buffering times, right? I thought I have used stagefright and still listened to streaming radio?....maybe not since Froyo...can't remember.

Yeah, adobe is really going to have to come with a complete fix for this one since google fixed stagefright but who knows how long that will be, so I want to at least give you guys some sort of solution in the meantime, and it would cause a bit more loading time but it shouldnt be anything THAT noticeable.