Force Closes

ugadawgs23

Reaction score
Don't know which forum this should go in so sorry if you get mad. Too lazy to look.

Anyways, I rooted my phone last night and DL'd JRummy's Blue Theme. I set my stuff up and am still waiting to get my contacts back.

I don't even have all my widgets up yet, and have 3 screens blank, but I am still force closing on nearly every single app, and things are taking hours to load.

I messed around with setcpu a little, and don't know if that screwed me over. I tried to take some things off to speed things up, but that did not work. I also still cannot sync contacts with gmail because of some weird error thing.

Any help/tips/advice appreciated.

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
install the rom again but wipe your data/factory reset. You can back up your apps w/ my script or from backup apps from the market.

xfireguru

Reaction score
definitely wipe and try again. I had a similar issue once when i thought i could get away with just flashing a new rom over an existing one. my phone wouldn't connect to google and i couldn't get any apps to run.

also, how did you go about your installation? did you use rom manager or download the file and install it yourself through clockwork?

OP
U

ugadawgs23

Reaction score
definitely wipe and try again. I had a similar issue once when i thought i could get away with just flashing a new rom over an existing one. my phone wouldn't connect to google and i couldn't get any apps to run.

also, how did you go about your installation? did you use rom manager or download the file and install it yourself through clockwork?

Yeah I'm lazy and just used rom manager to DL it. That's probably why its not working well. I installed the cyan one over this today and it seems to be working fine so far. Jrummy/Anyone else - You guys notice your phone slowing down when using swype keyboard? If it is a big cause of slowing my phone down, it will be hard to drop as I am just in love with it.

If I do need to install it through clockwork, mind explaining how to do that?

Also, I got SetCpu and have messed around with the settings which is probably another reason why its messed up. What should I have my settings at? Thanks.