Foxkat... Battery charging... what I have found.

SnoDrtRider

Reaction score
Just wanted to confirm you battery charging while "OFF" instructions work...

Last night when I got home my battery was below 15% (red) for the first time since I flashed the ICS leak (which is awesome BTW) so I plugged in the phone with it on as I normally do on my desk. After about an hour the lock screen said 40% charge. I was getting ready to go to bed so I turned off the phone while still connected to charge. When the phone came on in charge mode the icon (which they have changed in ICS) dropped immediately to 5% and started charging this is right after the lock screen was telling me I had 40% charge! I think the notification bar battery meter gets out of sync with the system and can show a false charge.
BTW... ICS has some awesome battery life, even though I was playing around with the phone more than usual I got 20+ hours of battery life after the system settled in... normally I get 10-12 hours in a normal use day and this was much more use than normal. I am also using Chrome beta and the browser loads pages faster so that helps.

After last nights overnight charge with the phone off...

photobucket-2539-1334188894998.png

Supppper stoked for the official build. I can't freaking wait.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Just wanted to confirm you battery charging while "OFF" instructions work...

Last night when I got home my battery was below 15% (red) for the first time since I flashed the ICS leak (which is awesome BTW) so I plugged in the phone with it on as I normally do on my desk. After about an hour the lock screen said 40% charge. I was getting ready to go to bed so I turned off the phone while still connected to charge. When the phone came on in charge mode the icon (which they have changed in ICS) dropped immediately to 5% and started charging this is right after the lock screen was telling me I had 40% charge! I think the notification bar battery meter gets out of sync with the system and can show a false charge.
BTW... ICS has some awesome battery life, even though I was playing around with the phone more than usual I got 20+ hours of battery life after the system settled in... normally I get 10-12 hours in a normal use day and this was much more use than normal. I am also using Chrome beta and the browser loads pages faster so that helps.
It's been reported by a number of ICS (leaked) users that the battery calibration is screwed up when using the leaked ICS. What you are describing is being reported by a number of users. Some have tried installing a third party app called Battery Calibration that works in GB and Froyo but does not seem to work on the leaked ICS. No know fix thus far.

Back