Framework help.. for theming it

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
got this thing recompiled finally. pain in the butt but, 1.4.3 used, all remained how it was supposed to and all is well.

gsxr750

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
You have to update to the latest android sdk and try using apk multi tool. Thats what i use and i decompiled framework and other apps and recompiled them with editing value folders and such. Once you install it take the latest aapt and put it in you others folder and make sure your on the latest of apktool. When compiling framework you have to edit all the plural xml's! Ive done this a dozen times now. Look at your log when it errors, it tells you whats happened. Alot of these ics apps are packaged different before creating errors. I don't know y you guys are having missing folders either, never had that

Last edited:
OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yeah i figured out the whole plurals thing yesterday.. shouldnt have to do that though. From what I read, the apktool maker... brut.all ...... knows about it and is making a 1.4.4

gsxr750

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Ok pm me if ya need anything big dog. I've figured out most of it Latin Google.apk was a *****!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Hey guys, I know this is a different subject but figured I got some knowledgeable folks in here :biggrin:

OK, I am getting my hands dirty for the first time since my D1, so I figure I'd keep it simple ... no decompiling, no xml edits - just simple icon edits/change outs. Went about things as I did previously with D1: use 7zip to drop new images in framework-res and then flash it. But for some reason nothing sticks.

I feel like such a noOb lol - has ICS changed the game that much? Or Am I just a moron?
(I vote all of the above)

Thanks for any advice !

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
What images? Im going out on a limb here and thinking you arent familiar with what systemui controls and what the frame controls... and also the fun new folders they are stored in.

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Welp - first I tried to change some lock screen images in framework-res.apk\res\drawable-sw600dp-xhdpi

Then I went to change a few status bar icons in SystemUI.apk\res\drawable-xhdpi

Am I getting into the wrong folder? I know D1 all the goodies were in drawable-hdpi, but I looked around there and it didn't seem like the right place to be :)

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
havent made it to the status bar icons yet but I can tell you the lockscreen is in drawable-sw600dp-xhdpi (framework)

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Huh, so I was in the right spot for the lockscreen - which makes this more frustrating :mad: lol

Wonder why it ain't working ... perhaps my updater-script is wacked - IDK

Thanks for the reply xkape!

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Just tossing it out there... maybe.... first i edited the ones in the drawable-xhdpi folder and nothing took.. then I edited the ones in the other folder adn it took. Maybe they both need to be edited? :dunno:

Still learning myself..lol

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Worth a shot ... thanks for the idea.

Yeah ICS is def going to be different :) Combine that with the fact I haven't done anything in almost a year and I am feeling really lost lmao

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Don't worry, it comes back fast. I took 6 months off and when I came back had to learn blur and gingerbread.. its like riding a bike. Wobbly at first but you still know how. Then, it just comes back real easy.

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Hope you're right lol Not being able to simply change icons has been very discouraging :rolleyes:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
you wouldnt still happen to be odexed would you?