Frustrated OnePlus Fan Hacks The Reservation System

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
oneplus-kym-1.jpg

If there is one thing we can all agree on its that the OnePlus invitation system is annoying. Many of you missed out on the OnePlus One because of it. I gave up on the OnePlus One because of it and never even tried. There are over 1 million eager fans registered for a OnePlus 2 invite so far. It was discovered early on that the registration system rewards you for referring people to the registration system. The more referrals you get the further up the list you move.

This did not sit well with a OnePlus fan who was pretty upset after being about the 9,000th person on the registration list then waking up to find out that he had moved all the way down the list to be around the 70,000th person. He decided to use some python hackery to move back down to the 1,694th spot. He lays out the entire process in the link below. If you are interested you should check this out fast, as the poster has said he will remove it if OnePlus ask him to.

via Medium.com

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
This device is not worth the trouble IMO. If they didn't learn their lesson from the first device, why bother to support this company. I don't get it. The saying rings true.....you get what you pay for.

S5 tap'n

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Yup. More power to them. I like the idea of competition in the market, but I don't think they're going about it the right way. Maybe I'm wrong and they'll slowly build into a true competitor, but, imo, this mobile tech world is too fast moving to grow slowly. It's do or die.

ruvy01

Reaction score
Thanks!, I need a dual-sim phone and this one looks like the best option right now, (wishing the Moto X Pure was dual-sim). Was able to go from 50,000 to 2,717.