Galaxy Note Edge Lollipop Update

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
With the Note 4 receiving Lollipop, when do you think we will see the Note Edge receive the update? Is anyone excited to get the update or is it just "meh"?

I am hoping sooner rather than later but am not seeing much buzz on it for us here in the states :)...

silverfang77

I'm excited, but apprehensive. You always hear mixed reviews about these updates.

Tappin' and talkin' with Tapatalk.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
I know several people with the edge and they're wondering the same thing

silverfang77

Is the Edge the red-haired step child of the Galaxy line? No offense intended to people with red hair. :)

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
In all fairness there was absolutely no "buzz" before the verizon note 4 got lollipop. It just popped up one day. I know some other carriers had already released it but maybe that's a ray of hope for the edge owners. Hopefully soon you'll just wake up to a pleasant suprise.

And just to add my 2 cents, I took the lollipop update, did not FDR and everything is running great.

Sent from my Note 4

OP
smalltowngirl13

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Was over on the VZW support/software update page and it shows the Note Edge last updated on 4/8 (today), so maybe we can hope our update is coming soon... There is no PDF on the Note Edge page or any other indication that our update is ready but I found this interesting...

~sent while mobile~

silverfang77

Minor enhancement updates like this often presage the actual version upgrade.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
The note 4 update was actually 2. One to get ready for lollipop, then lollipop as soon as the phone rebooted from that one.

Sent from my Note 4