Galnet MIUI ICS (2.1.6, Stable)

John Gi

Reaction score
what currently isnt working on 2.10
i am still on
2 . 1 .6

Really like this rom. Thinking of moving to 2.2.10 this week from my current 2.2.4 B2. With this being my first rom flash, learning a lot about what it can do. Glad I dove into the waters,but not before a lot of reading on any possible thing I might run into. Between droidforums,XDA and rootzwiki, I have learned quite a bit. Never stop learning and reading, :biggrin:

nhra1ss

Reaction score
i am still on
2 . 1 .6

I can't say about 2.2.10, but I can give you my experience with this rom. A few weeks ago I flashed my first rom, 2.1.6 Stable. The only things I noticed were Handcent and Battery Widget Pro didn't work, Handcent threw up force close errors. Last week I went to 2.2.4 B2. Now Battery Widget Pro is working ok, still no Handcent. Thinking of going to 2.2.10 this weekend and see how it goes. Really liking this rom and glad I picked it for my first one.

As far as apps I am running,everything else works ok;
Go Launcher EX
Camera Zoom FX
Quickpic
Pandora

I could go on, but looks like the majority seem to be ok. If you have a certain one you are wondering about, post it and maybe I have it or someone else could repond that is running it. Hope this helps.

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
i am still on
2 . 1 .6

The only things that don't work on 2.2.10 are the charging l.e.d., which was intentionally turned off I believe, and you have to set your ringtones from music player or place them internally to be able to choose them directly from Settings.

Everything else is functioning without issue.

nhra1ss

Reaction score
Good to know that the newest one is ok. I was going to flash it later this week.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

jlhaehl

Reaction score
just a reminder don't use bootstrap with miui, use the 4-Way Reboot Menu included
bootstrap will interfere with the 4-Way Reboot Menu

lept before i looked, i used bootstrap, now i dont know what to do, an imui screen came up after the red m and its looks like my phone was reset??? what should i do, factory reset, sbf. I'm trying to update from 2.1.6 to 2.2.10

goastthamc

Reaction score
just downloaded and installed no problems, is there anyway with default launcher that i can see app drawer button or something like it without changing launcher?

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
lept before i looked, i used bootstrap, now i dont know what to do, an imui screen came up after the red m and its looks like my phone was reset??? what should i do, factory reset, sbf. I'm trying to update from 2.1.6 to 2.2.10

which miui screen, boot menu?
Bootstrap just disables miui reboot options, just wait for blue light during reboot and press volume down
Phone will boot into miui boot menu, select recovery, lastest to get to cwm recovery

Sent from my DROID 2G w/4.5.608 using Droid Forum app

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah, search google for "alt drawer" app. A guy on xda made it. You can put it in your MIUI dock and it will act just like the standard launcher. I also use Launcher Pro

MIUI tested, mother approved.

goastthamc

Reaction score
ok one more quick question, when i first set up after boot, i was able to customize the notification bar, like carrier label, shift time so on... where the hell is that at? i switched to go launcher couldn't find, tried going back to home launcher, no luck....wtf? anybody know how?

nhra1ss

Reaction score
When I first flashed a few weeks ago, surprised me all my apps were spread across multiple screens. I believe I read this is how MIUI works, putting them on your homescreens. Didn't matter to me, as I had a theme I was using before and it works well with MIUI. Go Launcher EX with Alienware theme :biggrin:

nhra1ss

Reaction score
ok one more quick question, when i first set up after boot, i was able to customize the notification bar, like carrier label, shift time so on... where the hell is that at? i switched to go launcher couldn't find, tried going back to home launcher, no luck....wtf? anybody know how?

It is in the MIUI Control app.

Reaction score
Hey guys, do I have to be on official gb? I'm on the leak. I sbf. Install leak. Wipe data cache reboot wipe data cache dalvik mount and format system, mount and install but it keeps aborting

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

nhra1ss

Reaction score
You might have to get the OTA. Mine had the OTA Gb back in Sept, then I rooted in Nov. When I flashed this a few weeks back, everything went smoothly ( first rom flashed, lol ). Maybe try sbf then take the OTA to see if that works.

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, do I have to be on official gb? I'm on the leak. I sbf. Install leak. Wipe data cache reboot wipe data cache dalvik mount and format system, mount and install but it keeps aborting

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Yes, you have to be on the official GB.