[ROM] [GB][2.11.605.3][Sense 3.0]BAMF Forever Cubed 1.0.9[Version Update 10.21.11]

dsb9938

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
thejondude and dsb9938 present (after a million painful hours):

BAMF Forever Cubed 1.0.9

bamfcubedscreens3.png
bamfcubedscreens0.png

bamfcubedscreens1.png

bamfcubedscreens2.png

(And yes, the pull down is animated so it's not very clear.)

Credits: I always start with jcase, he was the one who got me into all this, and he still continues to help when I need it. Next are my android/BAMF parents Adrynalyne (the real brains in the pair) and ThatDudeButch (the crazy one!). They first and foremost created the base for this, BAMF Forever. But secondly, they always help me when I hit a wall. Thanks also to erishasnobattery for all of his assistance, and ihtfp69 for tolerating my stoopid questions. Beyond that, thanks to gadget! for his graphics assitance throughout the thing. I would also like to thank all the people out there who had ideas I may have used, and anybody else who helped. As always, there was a lot of help along the way, if I forgot anybody it was by mistake, let me know and I will add you.

Now, what is this? This is the lastest BAMF Forever (1.0.7) tweaked all to hell and loaded with MODs and theming. If you liked the Froyo Cubed ROM I did, you'll love this one. Also included are all recent fixes, and the fix for the security hole just reported. I hope you like it.

DO NOT ASK IF YOU NEED TO WIPE, the install script is going to wipe whether you like it or not!

D

This will wipe your phone, make a backup! This will wipe your phone, make a backup! This will wipe your phone, make a backup!

Change Log:

1.0.8 - As per Adrynalyne
Gtalk video is 100% fixed. No more inverted ffc.
Stock app should be properly sized.
A lot of under the hood fixes and enhancements.

Fixed squashed camera (thanks eris)
Updated build.prop to show proper build version
Enabled sip over everything, I think. Not just wifi.

Downloads:

Splash Screen
MD5: edc9df8cc589ec08225a7807dc866602

BAMF Forever Cubed 1.0.9 Patch Requires 1.0.8 first!
MD5: b184dfe04602e9327a4a0631dc386333

BAMF Forever Cubed 1.0.8
MD5: ca75b01cc8981b457efb4b721b386474

BAMF Forever Cubed 1.0.7
MD5: 35f6210e9d943756eaecb400c24ba02c

Stock Splash

Patches:

Everything for 1.0.7 should work fine for 1.0.8 at this time.

Cubed Static Pulldown Animation <--This works best with white, gray, and black notifications. I am working on an animated one that works too.

Colored Squares Pulldown Animation

Turning Gears Pulldown Animation

Cubed Stock Pulldown Animation

Cubed Zipper Pulldown Animation

Kernel:

I see nothing wrong with the stock one, but if you would like to tweak it, I run this one: imoseyon

Last edited:

thejondude

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
MODS:

Phone icon:
phone_icon.png

MOD Downloads:

Phone Icon:
Download

2.1 Answer Screen:
Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!
___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Updated Themed Apps

facebook.png
gmail.png

apps.png

Facebook:

Gmail:

Titanium Backup:

Last edited:

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
WOW, this looks amazing! Great job guys! If only I had a Tbolt. ;)

Oh, and welcome over to DroidForums! dancedroid

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Nice work guys, and welcome to DF!

mabz350

Reaction score
Very awesome

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

umwhockey

Reaction score
Just flashed and love it so far. I am new to all this and didn't know if this had a teathering option or if there was something i needed to download.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
For those who installed this, be sure to click on "Mark as installed" on the top right of the OP so we can keep track. Also, it wouldn't hurt to rate it aswell! dancedroid

vettz500

Reaction score
Downloading now, will repot back tomorrow on how everything goes. This ROM supporting imos kernal made me really happy :) I've been using that kernal for a while now and damn, the speed and battery life I get is unbelievable! This ROM looks sick, can't wait to try it out!

pdiddy1906

Reaction score
I really like this rom, but one problem..when I try to pull up my contacts, I get this error" The Application mail(process.com.htc.android.mail) has stopped unexpectedly. Please help

OP
dsb9938

dsb9938

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Just flashed and love it so far. I am new to all this and didn't know if this had a teathering option or if there was something i needed to download.

It has the VZW one. If you want something different you would need to add it.

D

OP
dsb9938

dsb9938

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I really like this rom, but one problem..when I try to pull up my contacts, I get this error" The Application mail(process.com.htc.android.mail) has stopped unexpectedly. Please help

You restored your accounts/mail after you installed. This version of mail is different and cannot use those accounts.

You need to rectreate accounts by hand when installing, that's why the script wipes when you install.

You need to not restore system stuff, only apps. And you need to look through it because it will restore accounts.

D

vettz500

Reaction score

This sounds like a bad install. Go back into Recovery manually wipe the system, go to mounts and storage scroll to the bottom where it says system, select it, scroll to yes wipe system, then go back to the main screen, and choose wipe data/factory reset, scroll to yes let it do its thing, after that go to advanced and choose wipe Dalvik Cache, choose yes and let it do its thing, when it's done go back to the main screen again and go through the process of installing the ROM again.

I know the ROM does it's own wipe, but its better if you do it manually that way you know everything is being wiped for sure, thats where just about 99% of bugs come from, from not wiping correctly.

I had an issue with installing apps when I first installed this ROM, every time I tried to install an app from the market the phone would just freeze and I'd have to pull the battery. I went through and did what I just told you to do, wiped everything and reinstalled, now its all working beautifully.

You should be able to restore your contact from your Google Account without not problem, no matter what the version of the Accounts are. I restored all my contacts through my Google Account and they all went in fine and when I open my contacts it doesn't force close.

But as D stated, if you're using an application to restore your email account settings back onto the phone it will cause issues. When it comes to adding accounts such as email stuff (not the google account you sign into when you first set up the phone after the install) you need to add them back in manually not use a backup app to do it for you.

Give that a shot and report back on if it helped or not :)

Last edited:

CKD2

Reaction score
WOW!!! This looks unreal. Thanks for taking the time to build this. It looks like a real beauty.
I'm DLing now and will try to install tonight. If not I gotta do it soon. THANK YOU!!!!!!!

vettz500

Reaction score
I've been running this ROM since around 4A.M. so far its great! Super smooth and fast! Haven't had any force closes or any kind of errors. I did have 2 random reboots throughout the day, but no big deal.

I'm running the imos kernel overclocked to 1.4gHz and so far getting amazing battery life! I have the extended battery and I've been unplugged since 11:30 this morning and I'm at 55% now and its 11PM. Thats with making phone calls, taking 4 different videos, pictures, lots of texting and facebooking, and some playing around with apps. Plus there was a time where I was in a dead zone for an hour and the phone was constantly looking for service, so thats doing pretty damn good with battery life.

Only problem I have seen so far is the Voicemail app the ROM came with wont work, it brings to the agree page, you click agree and then it just says signing in... and doesn't do anything more. There's a work around though, just go to the market and download the Visual Voicemail app, works like a charm now.

Unlike other ROM's I've ran this is the only one that has not dropped 3G the whole time I've had service, so very nice job on that! Finally someone got that right :)

Also WiFi works great too, its been connected to my WiFi since I've been home for a few hours now and it has not dropped connection once, so all good there!

As stated above I have taken pictures and videos, both work great. The camcorder on this app even gives you the option to change the bitrate of the video quality, up to 14mbps! ;)

So far this is the best ROM I've ran on my phone, everything works! Boot time is super fast too!

If you're reading this and deciding if you want to try this ROM, I highly recommend it! Cool looking theme, super smooth, very bug free and super fast!

Just make sure you wipe everything before you install, I know I know, the ROM wipes for you, but it cant hurt to double check yourself by wiping manually too!

Nice Job On This ROM D and Jondude!