Getting ready to switch to ATT and getting a S3, question about 4.3 etc newbie

Ittindi

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to the android OS and am about to get a S3 with a ATT plan, I keep hearing how bad the 4.3 software is, my question is, will my S3 be coming with 4.3 or 4.1? Is there a way to keep it from updating, and perhaps stop it from reminding me to update?
Thanks.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum

There isn't really anything wrong with the 4.3 update, especially if you don't have a tin of junk in the system before updating. If the phone is new, just restart it and apply the update.

The things you don't hear about are the people who updated to 4.3 and had no problems at all, which is the vast majority of people. What gets posted are the people who DID have a problem but you won't hear from the people who didn't.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to the android OS and am about to get a S3 with a ATT plan, I keep hearing how bad the 4.3 software is, my question is, will my S3 be coming with 4.3 or 4.1? Is there a way to keep it from updating, and perhaps stop it from reminding me to update?
Thanks.
4.3 is smooth as butter on my S3, for the people who do seem to have problems are the ones that are new or have a plethora of junk apps on their phone that is causing the issues, which a factory reset 99 percent of the time would fix those issues, cleaning out the cache and such.

eddiekeyton

Banned
Reaction score
Twitter
eddiekeyton
I didn't have anything on mine and 4.3 made mine slower than a snail. I rooted it and put CyanogenMod on it. Now its like new.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I have no issue with my S3 running 4.3. My neighbour updated his and complained of a slow down. We did a facory reset and the phone is working perfectly.

eddiekeyton

Banned
Reaction score
Twitter
eddiekeyton
I have no issue with my S3 running 4.3. My neighbour updated his and complained of a slow down. We did a facory reset and the phone is working perfectly.

Until you use it for a few days. Then it starts to slow down again. At least for me it did.

eddiekeyton

Banned
Reaction score
Twitter
eddiekeyton
You very likely have a misbehaving app. Tracking it down may not be easy. Are you using any cache cleaner app?

Lol I tested it by not downloading anything but the stock apps already installed. It was a ROM issue. But since then I've rooted and installed android 4.4 kit kat CyanogenMod on my s3. Love it now.