Gingerbread on the D2

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think they may do it just to see the responses they get on the Internet haha.

@mark: maybe it just took some time to get discovered

silverfang77

Reaction score
I just hope the D2 gets Gingerbread. D2 hasn't had a single system update since the 2.3.20 update in November. It seems like the D2 is treated as the redheaded step child of the Droid family, with the D2G getting all the love.

Reaction score
I think they may do it just to see the responses they get on the Internet haha.

@mark: maybe it just took some time to get discovered

Lol it was a sticky on the D2 general section for like 5 days.

@silverfang, it was october 28th. I asked the forum owner (matt, forum manager) on the motorola owners forums when we'd be getting another update, he gave me a typical response. "I can't give an estimated arrival date"

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

AngusW

Reaction score
I just hope the D2 gets Gingerbread. D2 hasn't had a single system update since the 2.3.20 update in November. It seems like the D2 is treated as the redheaded step child of the Droid family, with the D2G getting all the love.

Well don't forget that the first Droid 2 model is now not even sold by VZW. It's just Droid 2 Global. If you're lucky you MIGHT find a R2 Droid 2 left but not too many are still in stores.

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have the OG D2 and I had to get a replacement cause it was free and I didn't want to replace the digitizer myself. VZW assured me that I would be able to keep getting a replacement anytime I needed one but I'm not sure how long this is gonna hold true. I'm glad i was able to get the OG D2

Sent from my D2

silverfang77

Reaction score
I know they're not being sold anymore. My issue is that if I'm going to be required to keep a single phone for two years, Google/Motorola needs to send periodic firmware updates (Gingerbread!).

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
We will be getting at least gingerbread. I would be willing to wager quite a bit on that. It will just take time.

tappin and a talkin

micp1480

Reaction score
Silverfang 77, I couldn't agree with you more, but unfortunately there is nothing in writing that I am aware of, that states that either Verizon or Motorola, has to provide any upgrades. I maybe wrong, and I have been in the past, and so if I am, I apologize.

MICP1480

silverfang77

Reaction score
Even if there isn't anything that stipulates that they must, it's what they should do at the very least since they require us to keep our phones for so long. I hope they would at least be willing to do that much.

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
Are you waiting for the Gingerbread update from Verizon? Not sure what all this talk is about here...

mrm0rbid99

Reaction score
Are you waiting for the Gingerbread update from Verizon? Not sure what all this talk is about here...
indeed, this thread is regarding gingerbread (2.3 & 2.3.1)

is there any new info on working gingerbread pieces? of course the keyboard is out, and a new music player, and a few LWs from the galaxy S, but is there anything else that's been broken off that yummy little morsel?

Google-Android-Gingerbread.jpg

Last edited:

ASCI Blue

Reaction score
Don’t see why D2 wouldn't get Ginger Bread, guts of it and the X are the same I thought. Hell the Global should be close enough so we can get it too.

Palazuelosva

Reaction score
Ok so if they name the updates alphabeticaly then what happens when they reach Z? Just curious. Do they start over again or do they use numbers?

silverfang77

Reaction score
Perhaps a new naming scheme? Maybe they could do the names of animals: Alligator, Bat, Cayman, Deer, etc.