GNex Too Big?

alboboy10

Reaction score
The gnex is not as wide as the razr. But it stands taller. Which I'm perfectly happy with. I just want the phone to fit in my hand right. This phone does.

Lenagainster

Reaction score
It really depends on what you are used to. My Droid 2 felt perfect, so the Razr was just too wide. The Rezound was better. I felt that the Nexus would be too tall, being 1/3rd of an inch longer than the Rezound. Now that I'm accustomed to the Rezound, the Droid2 feels too small.
I was just afraid if I carried the Nexus in my pants pocket as I do my Rezound, I wouldn't be able to bend my knee. :happy3:

GoBears

Reaction score
Visit phone-size.com it's great for comparing different phones to each other.

craiggers14

Reaction score
The nexus barely feels like it's in your pocket since it's about 2/3 the thickness of the rezound.

screaminz2002

Reaction score
Your just going to have to go grab one and see for yourself. Ask the rep to let you hold one without the silly cord to get a good feel. I don't have large hands and I can still do almost everything 1 handed so I think it's still manageable. This isn't something i would trust a review on.

thorton02

Reaction score
I think it's a perfect size. Not too wide and the length isn't bad either. I have a long face, so it makes talking on the phone more comfortable, plus it fits in my back pocket. My D1 would turn in my back pocket and sometimes would be a pain in the neck to pull out, depending on the pants I was wearing. The is a pretty dumb observation to base the purchase of a $300 phone on, but I've notice it every time I pull the phone out and I like it.

Lenagainster

Reaction score
The nexus barely feels like it's in your pocket since it's about 2/3 the thickness of the rezound.
Specs say that the Nexus is 0.37 inches thick. But that's obviously at the thinnest part. How wide is it at the bulge at the bottom? The Razr is 0.28 inches thick, but how wide is the bulge at the top? I think it's already been demonstrated that the Razr is TOO thin, based on several reports of cracking. Just a matter of time until we find out how the thin-everywhere-except-at-the-bottom Nexus holds up to daily stress. Seems like it would be a good idea to put a silicone case on all those phones to protect them and help prevent them from slipping out of the pocket, and then the relative thinness becomes less of an issue.

scdown

Reaction score
Too big for easy, one handed use? Probably for me, but if that were critical I'd own an iPhone now (and have owned 3) - I think that's one reason Apple hasn't changed the screen size, and I'd be really surprised if they ever came out with a screen 4" or larger.

I'd say that it's right on the edge of comfort for me width wise - that's why I'm looking for very slim hard cases (may do a Seidio SURFACE or Case-Mate Barely There), but the thinness compensates to some degree.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
GN feels way better in the hand than the RAZR. The RAZR just felt awkward to me because of the added width and thinness. The GN is a tad more narrow and a bit thicker too.

terigox

Reaction score
A lady friend of mine asked me "Does it feel awkward in your hand being so long?"

After a short pause, I said "No way its smaller than most things I hold in my right hand but you're welcome to try any of them out and compare!"

I think its perfect because it allows that conversation to happen :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

terigox

Reaction score

I've actually forgotten my phone in my pocket several times on my nexus... never had that problem with the Bionic ;-)

<3 it!

natezire71

Reaction score
In my opinion, this phone is just right. Not too thick, not too thin, perfect proportions. The RAZR felt odd in my hand. Its too thin. The curve of the Nexus feels nice. Try it out.

Jamar

Reaction score
I have to slightly shift the phone sometimes to reach the notification bar but it doesn't bother me the least bit. To me, it's the perfect size!

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
It does fit easily enough in my pants pocket, but a bit wide when you sit down you kind of "feel" it. May be a bit tall for the shirt pocket, but the pockets on my dress slacks for work are bigger/looser than jeans.

I actually think the size is about right. Reading articles/books and surfing the web is a much better/more comfortable experience on a screen this size (and the 4G speed with dual core only enhances that). Those were both issues that prevented me from using my Droid more. I have no desire to pick-up my IPad now.