Google Pixel XL First Hands on

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Do you think Google has a winner on their hands with this phone?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I like that blue one, looks like a nice phone. I just wish the name was different. Definitely want to check one out in a store and see what it's like in-hand. I can see these doing well, unless the Nexus crowd completely bails out on them.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Given that a commercial already aired on what looks like cable TV before the event, I think they may actually push advertising on these devices, which will help. Carrier availability will also help, though I'm not a fan of the VZW exclusivity at first even though I'm on Big Red.

Sent from my Moto Z

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Given that a commercial already aired on what looks like cable TV before the event, I think they may actually push advertising on these devices, which will help. Carrier availability will also help, though I'm not a fan of the VZW exclusivity at first even though I'm on Big Red.

Sent from my Moto Z
I wasn't crazy about that either. I did just get an e mail from Verizon stating that "The New Google Pixel Phone Is Here..."

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
They must like you better than me, or they know I'm not getting a new phone right now after just recently getting the Z.

Sent from my Moto Z

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
They must like you better than me, or they know I'm not getting a new phone right now after just recently getting the Z.

Sent from my Moto Z
Of course they like me better. Doesn't everyone? Just kidding. I get an email from them every time a new phone is released & available (iPhone 7, Note 7, Galaxy S7, Droid Z Force, etc.) and another email once a month as a "friendly reminder" that my line is eligible for an upgrade. I think they like my

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Of course they like me better. Doesn't everyone? Just kidding. I get an email from them every time a new phone is released & available (iPhone 7, Note 7, Galaxy S7, Droid Z Force, etc.) and another email once a month as a "friendly reminder" that my line is eligible for an upgrade. I think they like my

Yeah. I think I killed those reminders when I got the Z. Our local premium retailer would call me to let me know I had an upgrade. "I'm aware. Have a good day."

Haha!

Anyway, I'm not sure the pixel or xl would be my choice if I was upgrading now anyway. I like where they're headed, but I don't think they're there yet.

Sent from my Moto Z