Google play store

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
I bet this app won't work on any Nexus device: http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.motorola.dlight

Lol. Just wanted to indicate that some apps in the Google Play Store are device specific..

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using Tapatalk

Installs and works fine on my Galaxy Nexus. But yes you are correct, there are apps that are device specific, but generally those won't show up in the market if they don't work for your device. Or at least they will specify if they will work or not.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
As Natey mentioned, there are device specifics, but it doesn't mean it won't work:p

OP
T

trackman1

Reaction score
thanks again..... I checked to make sure account is selected..tried to d/l from app store and i could now........sorry again 2 other issues I need help....

1. what can i do to stop my phone from going to sleep mode so fast if.... i stay idle ..it just shuts off and i have to keep presssing side key to put phone back on??

2. is there any way i can stop the camera from making a click sound (shut sounds off) when i take a pic

you guys have been great thank you so much

Reaction score
thanks again..... I checked to make sure account is selected..tried to d/l from app store and i could now........sorry again 2 other issues I need help....

1. what can i do to stop my phone from going to sleep mode so fast if.... i stay idle ..it just shuts off and i have to keep presssing side key to put phone back on??

2. is there any way i can stop the camera from making a click sound (shut sounds off) when i take a pic

you guys have been great thank you so much

1. Settings>Display>Sleep

2. Turn the phone on vibrate or silent

OP
T

trackman1

Reaction score
thanks your the best..i really do appreciate....sorry if some of my questions are trivial

OP
T

trackman1

Reaction score
btw I created a folder..transferred the .apk file accessed from explorer app and it installed perfectly...thanks again

OP
T

trackman1

Reaction score
Sorry I know that you had told me that it is better not to mess with any pre-installed apps.....but I am curious if there are anyones that are safe to remove without harm that are not needed and taking uop space and battery resources???

also can widgets be removed if so how???

thanks again

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
You can disable apps. This is much safer than removing them.

Nexus using Droid Forums

OP
T

trackman1

Reaction score
thanks if i remember its click on the app and should give option to disable???...what about widgets????

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
thanks if i remember its click on the app and should give option to disable???...what about widgets????

Settings > apps > all (tab at top) to get to apps to disable them. Just make sure you know what you are disabling before you disable it. Just be careful what you disable, as there are some that are important.

Widgets, long press on the widget you want to move or delete. A trashcan icon will appear, drag the widget to it and drop it into the can. To place another widget on your screen, go into your app drawer, and click the widget tab at the top. Find a widget you want, then long press on it, drop it where you want it. Some of the stock widgets are resizable. To resize, put it on one of your home screens, long press the widget and then drop it where it is. The widget will be highlighted, with square handles to resize.

Apps are accomplished the same way, they won't be resizable.

OP
T

trackman1

Reaction score
Thank you once again for all your continued help and support......one other small thing..i tried but cant figure out how to change the analog clock on my home page to digital??....

I d/l a 3D widget..installed fine pressed on it checked settings..then checked preview...it did not take...I did not get the digital clock...please advise//i got it from the google store

thanks

Last edited:
OP
T

trackman1

Reaction score
i think i found the issue...when i went to move it to home screen..there was a msg that said no more room on home screen...but when i went to put it on another screen ..it would be able to be installed.....

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
i think i found the issue...when i went to move it to home screen..there was a msg that said no more room on home screen...but when i went to put it on another screen ..it would be able to be installed.....

I believe the stock launcher (in simple terms, your 5 homescreens) has a 4x4 grid. Meaning you have a total of 16 spaces on each screen to put apps and widgets. If you use them up, you either have to make space or use a different screen. As far as your new clock goes, when you go to add it from your widget drawer, look in the bottom right corner of that widget. It will show you what size it is by default, whether it be 2x2, 4x1 or whatever. When you know that, you'll know where you can fit it. The JB launcher should automatically move apps around for you when you add a widget, UNLESS, the screen is already full, which is what I think is happening in your case. Just remove a couple apps from the screen you want the clock on, then drag it back over there and it should be fine.

OP
T

trackman1

Reaction score
thanks again....there was not enough space on my home page..i will clear some apps and try again. but it did work on another screen......btw I have ICS....dont know how to install JB....unless it is out for OTA update which I dont think it is