Google Voice help

Thefamous1

Reaction score
When I call from my house phone to my Droid my voicemail only says my Recorded Name, and I would like it to say the Voicemail Greeting.

HCdroid

Reaction score
Are you using the # Verizon provided or a new Google Voice #?

If you're using your Verizon # here's what i did: Remember if you're using your Verizon # they will still manage your voice mail unless you change it so that Google manages it.

On your home screen go to Menu/Settings/Call Settings/Voice mail service. There you can choose who handles it, My Carrier or Google Voice. I have Google Voice handle my voice mails because it's free of service. It has the same features as Verizon's Visual Voice mail without paying the $2.99 a month fee.

Once that's done call the Google Voice Mail # (Menu/Settings/Voice mail settings so you can see the #) to setup your greeting. Or you can just do it on your Computer logging on to their website. I use the standard GV greeting "the Google voice subscriber you're trying to reach is not available, please leave a message"...

On your computer if you log on to Google Voice you can setup individual greetings for your contacts, standard greetings etc etc. Good Luck!

PS I don't use a # provided by Google voice because they do not have a number with my area code available at this time.

OP
T

Thefamous1

Reaction score
Yeah but the thing is I have it set to my Google Voice as my voicemail. But in the Google Voice settings there is a Voicemail Greeting and a Recorded Name option. For some reason it seems to sometimes go to my Voice Mail greeting - which is the "hi I am unable to answer blah blah" and sometimes it just goes to my record name which is my First and Last and then the automated "please say your message after the tone". I'd like it to only go to my voicemail greeting.

lucylu

Reaction score
Hi!
I've downloaded Google Voice from the Market (?), and I think I have the voice part all set up. But, I don't see how to send a text message using google, and I can't seem to find any of the widgets to put on my home page. Can someone please help a techno challenged newbie out?? ;) Thanks so much!! :biggrin:

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
go into the voice app, click the menu button, and then compose

lucylu

Reaction score
That's the problem. When I hit the menu key, it doesn't give me an option to compose. Just says, refresh, labels, balance, settings and help. Not sure if I downloaded the right app. I set it up on my computer and when I call the phone it goes through google and I do get the voicemail to my phone. Just can't seem to get the SMS going. Thanks for helping! :)

lucylu

Reaction score
LOL OK I probably did something very wrong, because there is no SMS option under Labels. Is there a setting I may need to adjust on the voice account? So sorry for the problems, but I really appreciate all the help!! I'll keep trying! :)

ETA: Thank you both!!!! Problem solved. You have to have a google number to have the SMS capability!! I added a # and did what you suggested, and it worked!!! Thanks again!!! :)

Lady_DroidX

Reaction score
Hey how do I find voice mail and text that I archive on my google voice app

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Technoman

Reaction score
When in the VOICE app, hit your settings button, and then find the option marked 'labels" in there choose "ALL".

Lady_DroidX

Reaction score
Can we save the text msg to our sd card. Or does everything save to the gmail

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

KidCuda

Reaction score
Nope, it's all saved online, in the cloud! Though I believe there is some offline cache left if need be.