Google's 2015 Product Launch Event Today; Here's the Link to the Livestream

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
google-youtube-channel.JPG

Just as we shared yesterday, Google's big press event for their 2015 product line is happening today at 11AM CT/ 12PM ET / 9AM PT. We will be covering the news in real time as the event unfolds, but for folks who have the inkling to watch it, Google will have a livestream on their YouTube landing page.

Here's the quick link: Google

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I think I may duck out to lunch a little early so I can load up the YouTube app on the TV. I'll just go home and make a sandwich since I have to let the puppy out anyway. I like watching these events.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I will be watching it. I've never owned a Nexus device since the software has never appealed to me, but I am interested in which direction they are headed in the year to come.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
The software appeals to me, but that's likely because I was a purest from the start. My first android phone was the G1, THE first android phone. It was stock. Then I went to the OG Droid which was also stock. We won't talk about Moto Blur here, but I've been glad to see Moto going more close to stock.

Totally a matter of personal preference, but I like stock android. I've even loaded as many apps as I can onto my Note 4 to make it feel a bit more stock. Google Now Launcher, Google Keyboard, etc. I like some of the added features of Touchwiz, but I don't think I'll miss many if/when I upgrade and move on from Sammy devices. The thing I thought I'd miss the most is the wifi and other toggles in the notification bar, but that's a part of stock android now, so I think I'll be alright. Those toggles are definitely the thing I use the most from TW, but it'll be a bit interesting to see what other little things I've forgotten aren't actually part of the stock experience.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
It won't be long before stock Android will be just as loaded up on the software side as any other custom skin by another OEM. Stock Android has been importing a lot of features from other forks.

Most of the hype about stock Android revolves around timely software updates. I haven't seen one thing lately that has been added to stock that has made me feel like I am missing out. I have 99% of what Google is finally getting around to bringing to the table.

Reactions: cr6

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I can't help but feel left out though when I'm sitting around waiting for an update that others have had for quite some time. Sure, a big part of that has been VZW's issue in the past *cough*GalaxyNexus*cough*, but I'm just ready for the OS as its creator intended again. I won't be upgrading right away by any means, but I've definitely got my eye on the 6P and I'm wondering what, if anything, we'll see of Marshmallow on our Note 4's.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Just the smoothness alone and what you can add or get rid of make the stock Android so pleasant to use along with latest updates.. Most are standalone apps in playstore now.. Some are not the best but we have so many options.. Many great phones that run smoothly now so I like the options..

S6E+ tapatalk

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I can't help but feel left out though when I'm sitting around waiting for an update that others have had for quite some time. Sure, a big part of that has been VZW's issue in the past *cough*GalaxyNexus*cough*, but I'm just ready for the OS as its creator intended again. I won't be upgrading right away by any means, but I've definitely got my eye on the 6P and I'm wondering what, if anything, we'll see of Marshmallow on our Note 4's.

I'm looking forward to the Apps Permissions controls and the App Backup that has been missing since forever. I can do this already due to root, but the app backup would be a huge step towards me not rooting anymore. I didn't see anything else spectacular in M.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
They need to put the teleprompter in the middle of the crowd. It looks like he is talking to the ground.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Ugh this just became difficult.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ok the Nexus 5X looks better in person. Uhhh, all that junk I talked and I fear I may end up with one.