Gorilla Gadgets 3500 mah extended battery

So far, so good. It's been off the charger since last night - definitely going to need calibrating, as the meter already reads 60% w/ moderate usage, but I'm just happy it seems to be tracking consistently and isn't giving me the dreaded "?" in the battery bar. I plan to run it until it's dead and charge it fully to calibrate it. My old Droid Eris took a few recharge cycles with the Seidio 3500 before it tracked the battery correctly, and even then it would get stuck at 5% for a disproportionate amount of time. It's just kind of something you have to get used to with these gargantuan-sized batteries that are sold at cutthroat prices. Small price to pay for the capacity, if you ask me.

Oh, and I don't have a camera other than the one on my X. I could point it in a mirror, I suppose, but the quality would be worse than what a user already posted before me, so it's not really worth it. I think his pictures give you about the best impression you can get aside from actually holding one.

So far, so good. It's been off the charger since last night - definitely going to need calibrating, as the meter already reads 60% w/ moderate usage, but I'm just happy it seems to be tracking consistently and isn't giving me the dreaded "?" in the battery bar. I plan to run it until it's dead and charge it fully to calibrate it. My old Droid Eris took a few recharge cycles with the Seidio 3500 before it tracked the battery correctly, and even then it would get stuck at 5% for a disproportionate amount of time. It's just kind of something you have to get used to with these gargantuan-sized batteries that are sold at cutthroat prices. Small price to pay for the capacity, if you ask me.

Oh, and I don't have a camera other than the one on my X. I could point it in a mirror, I suppose, but the quality would be worse than what a user already posted before me, so it's not really worth it. I think his pictures give you about the best impression you can get aside from actually holding one.

Sounds good.. hmm which to get. How many hours/days can you go with heavy use?

any updates?
I just got one from ebay, working on calibrating it now but so far i am not impressed.

Me thinks with no possibility of getting any case to fit over that thing that I will pass and go with two standard batteries.

DX- rooted, strapped, deodexed,OC'd, and themed how I like it...

Would fit fine in a Nutshell case. I use their number 205 for the Verizon extended battery currently but it will fit with any of these extended batteries.

Will look into that one. Thanks

I wonder if someone could modify the code in a rooted phone to calibrate for the 3500 battery.

Does the phone turn off based on the percentage shown on the meter or measurements of the actual amperage?

Me thinks with no possibility of getting any case to fit over that thing that I will pass and go with two standard batteries.

Would fit fine in a Nutshell case. I use their number 205 for the Verizon extended battery currently but it will fit with any of these extended batteries.

Will look into that one. Thanks

Coolbeans. From what I understand, if you decide to get one dont get the mag/magnet flap because magnets messs with the screen. Velcro size, fastener, or anything else is the way to go. I personally got the velcro flap, pen holder, mini pocket and strap but its pricey. The good thing is it'll last and qill likely fit most/all smartphones around this size.

Back