Gorilla Gadgets 3500mAh Extended Battery

Neverblu

Don't hate im new to this forum, Id rather lurk and read then post and make a fool of myself, but this needed sharing.

So I haven't seen any reviews of this battery yet for the d2g so figured I would share. I have taken this battery though a few cycles and Im pretty impressed with it, I really like the added weight and depth to the phone as in my opinion the d2g naked felt very slippery. So far Im getting about 35hours out of light day of use. And about 17 hours out of a heavy day. i bought it for 25 bucks off gorilla gadgets.com, the back plates come in black soft touch, or metallic blue for people who own blue d2g, my woman got the blue one I got the white, the back plate on hers matches the color on the phone perfectly, while on mine the black backplate matches the front facing and gives it a ying/yang thing I kinda like it.

I work for Red Bull as a Merchandiser so Im constantly on the road listening to mp3's though my stereo and making phone calls to vendors & account managers, and texting friends throughout the work day. Granted not everyone needs they're phone for 17 hours of heavy use out of the day, I surely don't. But the standard battery wasn't cutting it, I was maybe seeing 7-8 hours of heavy use which for me wasn't cutting it.

I do not run any battery saving apps or task killers, the only apps I have related to that are SetCPU set at 600mhz with screen off and a little change in advanced settings. Im also running Battery Indicator Pro and Battery Left Pro, just so I could watch how the battery acted for the first few days.

anyway heres some screen shots taken after 3 hours of heavy use(playing nova for 30 min, listening to music, transferring files over wifi & im sitting at 83% according to battery left pro, fully calibrated)
snap20110128_160446.png
snap20110128_162737.png
snap20110128_160440.png

and some shots of the phone with the extended battery
P1280018.jpg

P1280017.jpg

sorry about op, I blurred out the bad? lol my bad

hemorrdroid

This is considered a family friendly site, you're probably going to need to take down your screenshots with that background. Just thought i'd give you a heads up.

OP
N

Neverblu

Nope the makes the phone a lot easier to hold in both landscape and portrait. Shipping was 1.97.

jimdibb

I bet the original Droid won't fit in either of the docks with this battery, will it. I've become dependent on both of them (car and desk)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

want a droid

I don't understand. I have the extended battery from Verizon (I believe it's 1800mAh), and I got 15+ hours with heavy use, 36+ hours with light use. If I had a battery with 3500mAh I'd hope to get at least 24+ hours with heavy use.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Dark Lazer

Does the battery icon read the correct percentage of the phone? I know theres a battery out there that doesnt give the correct percentage of the battery, so you have to use a widget to check yourself. That might just be on the Droid 1 though.

OP
N

Neverblu

Battery icon doesn't read properly which is why I have battery left pro. Yes the back is soft touch rubberized. And as far as you getting 15 hours, I've had this battery four days so it's hardly broken in. Although it lasts a lot longer than stock battery. Once again I was only getting seven hours out of the stock battery, due to having gps on and constant phone calls along with using the phone for music in car for the ride.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

want a droid

Yeah I got you. I was only getting 6 or 7 hours out of my stock battery as well.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App