Gorilla glass failure.

androyd_rock

So I dropped my phone today x users....I now have spider cracks in the screen bit it works fine I was wondering if Verizon Wireless will replace my screen or if I have to buy a new phone and no I don't have insurance

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Martin030908

Super Moderator
They may offer you a refurb to buy at a reduced cost... but generally they won't replace without insurance.

I'd def give *611 a call and see if there's any options. They are pushing out all the "Droid" branded phones at free or nearly free (w/ new 2yrs) right now so maybe they'll be able to offer you a reduced (from retail) price.

There's always craigslist and ebay. :(

clayrebel

Oh man, sorry to hear that.
I'm sure vzw will work with you on an exchange. Although not sure about them giving you a new phone but most likely a refurb.
How did the drop happen btw?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Even with Gorilla glass if you drop your phone the wrong way or it hits the ground the wrong way there's a chance it can break. Sorry to hear that happened to you. I can't tell you how many time's I'ved dropped mine and never had anything happen.

As Martin says you might get lucky and get a sympathetic person to help you out but that's why people carry insurance on their phone. Good luck to you. If you have some good news or even if it's not please let us know.

benner

Where are you guys getting that the X has gorilla glass? Gorilla glass doesn't mention it on their website as one of the products that has it.

Nevermind. They even state that not all products are listed.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Where are you guys getting that the X has gorilla glass? Gorilla glass doesn't mention it on their website as one of the products that has it.

I didn't confirm nor deny it had it, I was just offering possible options to replace a broken phone :)

OP
A

androyd_rock

Lol I had it in my sweater pocket while I was getting out of the truck at work it hit on the bottom of it too...im guessing the shock of the asphalt went all the way thru thanks for the help guys
I also bought a 10 dollar case that prolly would havesaved it but it wasn't on...my bad

OP
A

androyd_rock

I was just wondering if vw had access to replace the screen id rather not buy a new phone if this one still works....also I still have a liberty boot that pops up instead of the Motorola m I seem to be having problems removing that I know ill need to if I take it in any suggestions on that would be helpful as well. You guys are great btw

andylulzyou

You're going to want to head over to MyDroidWorld and located the 2.3.340 Full SBF before you do anything with verizon.

OP
A

androyd_rock

I was able to download liberty toolbox in the market without flashing liberty 1.5

Also martin I just got this phone on 2yrcontract less than a month ago

OP
A

androyd_rock

Sbf'd my phone which removed clockworkmod taking it in today to see what vw can do for me...androyd_rock will be back x users even if if Its with the r2d2 droid

OP
A

androyd_rock

Do you think I could still enroll with a broken screen. Thanks for posting too. :)

I agree on the slivers they've been rough on my hands