GPS problem

joeoby78

Reaction score
Started having problems with my GPS about a week ago and it has gotten worse. I noticed first that, while it is in the car dock, while driving, the blue arrow (my location) would hop around a little bit. Then a couple of days later while trying to navigate somewhere i would lose GPS signal (where normally I would have it) and it would search for satellites indefinitely. Then yesterday I got a message from the weather app I use that it couldn't "determine my geolocation" or something to that affect. Now it gets my location for about 10-15 seconds, then jumps about half a mile away. While driving it will bounce around all over the place and sometimes it will just sit there and spin the map when I am stopped. I tried calibrating the compass (something I did on a regular basis before the problems) and it will not turn green at all and eventually turns red.

I called Verizon and went through all the usual stuff, checking the settings, calling the *228 and programming, even went so far as to reset my phone, still nothing. So, here I am, thought I would join this forum and see if I could find any help. Thanks for your time in advance and have a blessed day.

OP
J

joeoby78

Reaction score
Did you try updating all your apps? (Go to Market, menu, My Apps, and update all those not up-to-date).
Since doing the factory reset I haven't installed many of my old apps. Did what you said but didn't have anything that needed updating.