Greetings i'm Dalexa05, came to your forums becasue of a problem i'm having.

dalexa05

Reaction score
Im a tech enthusiast as I enjoy working with computers, games, other techie stuff. Learning about new things terring them apart and see what makes them tick and try to fix any problems that I can. Which is why I'm here as I've got a
rooted Droid HTC Incredible as I wanted to be able to use wireless teather. After successfuly rooting my droid i've had no problems up till a few months ago which i had ignored. At least till i did a factory resest which now my phone wont boot.

Specs:
  • Droid HTC Incredible (Rooted)via unrevoked.com/
  • Incrediblec XD SHIP S-OFF
  • HBOOT- 0.92.0000
  • MICROP-0417
  • TOUCH PANEL-ATMELC03_16ac
  • Radio-2.15.00.07.28
  • ClockworkMod Revovery v2.5.1.2
  • Running stock Andriod OS no special roms

Issues:
  • Was not able to update Droid software stuck at 2.1 i think. Installer would show there was an update but would just sit there and do nothing.
  • Not able to send multimedia txt messages (this just started last month)
  • After doing a factory reset phone will only boot to HTC Incredible tm splash logo but I can get into my HBOOT and Clockworkmod. Phone will not boot to HTC software so i could use my phone.

What I did

• Under settings while using the phone i did a factory reset-here is where it started not booting so i did this next step.
  • Under clockwork mod i wiped data/ factory reset, wiped cache partition. Under mounts and storage i format -> (boot,system,data,cache,sdcard,sd-ext) which this did not resolve the booting issue.......

HELP please as i need this phone to find work and don't want to loose my unlimted data plan through verizon if i had to change phones.

Last edited:

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
You're just rooted, not on a custom rom? If you formatted system and then didn't flash the stock software back or install a rom then I would say that's your issue.

MIUI tested, mother approved.

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
your going to need to flash new radio and rom to get it up to date. IMO been a long time since i have had incredible but 2.1 sounds way out of date

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hello and welcome to the forum!

Hopefully you will get your issue resolved :)...

OP
D

dalexa05

Reaction score
You're just rooted, not on a custom rom? If you formatted system and then didn't flash the stock software back or install a rom then I would say that's your issue.

Where would i find the stock software? Is if Froyo?

I only rooted my droid to take advantage of the wireless teather under my unlimited data plan.

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
check out our incredible hacks section

OP
D

dalexa05

Reaction score

Yea, Just rooted all i wanted to do was use wireless tether and it worked. I didn't use any custom themes, roms i think unless rooting changes the rom?

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Rooting doesn't change the Rom, but by formatting the system you basically erased all the information that the phone uses to understand how it is supposed to operate.

OP
D

dalexa05

Reaction score
Rooting doesn't change the Rom, but by formatting the system you basically erased all the information that the phone uses to understand how it is supposed to operate.

So if i want the stock rom what would that be? I was looking at the website shipped roms i think thats the name and saw a bunch of different zip files and executible files.

I just want the stock Droid HTC software so i can re root it.

S

SFGate

Welcome to the site. Hope you get everything worked out. DancingNexus