Handcent resending old messages?

Reaction score
So for some reason almost everytime i reboot my phone (usually for flashing new roms or using update.zips) my phone will resend old text messages to people and im not entirely sure why?

I use handcent as my main texting application, but with it doing this its getting harder and harder to stick with handcent, so does anybody have any idea whats causing this? or any possible solutions?

M

Matth3w

Honestly, things like this is why I switched away from Handcent. Bug after bug after bug. Eventually mine started receiving duplicate messages for no reason as well. Then I tried to just revert back to the stock messaging app but for some reason that program tends to incorrectly display the contacts (ie - assign the wrong name to the text messaging thread).

Eventually I just started using ChompSMS. I have literally never had a single bug with Chomp. Yeah, Handcent has some more features, but in the end, for me....those features aren't worth the constant bugs in the BASIC operation.

OP
NeverEndingXsin
Reaction score
thanks for the help i am considering switching over from it. the only thing i really use it for is having the led color change depending on who's texting me. does chomp sms allow stuff like that?

M

Matth3w

You can change the color for sure, but I'm not too sure if you can change it by contact. I don't think so.