Have any size specs been leaked?

Moondoggy

Reaction score
I'm very interested in this new phone but I can't seem to find any info regarding the height, width and thickness of this phone and was wondering if anyone has any info on this?

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Well, a 5.2" display so you can look at comparables there. It also has a healthy chin with capacitative buttons, so I expect the length to be a bit longer than the M8. Width and thickness probably comparable to the S5 and M8 (can we really tell a difference over 1-2mm, anyway?)

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
My bet would be shorter than the M8, it has two forward facing speakers, top and bottom. My dos pesos.

sent from my XT1080 using tapatrash

cyberlizard

Reaction score
FWIW, I scaled some of the recent pics (aren't they all) of the phone and have consistently come up with numbers like 5.66" x 2.88". Haven't had any pics that really help to scale the thickness. Overall looks to be a touch larger overall than the Moto X2's 5.54" x 2.85" dimensions.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
To me that's huge....my Rezound is a 4.3" display and 5.08"x2.58" naked....So for the Turbo (and I was disappointed the X2 was too big) you're talking roughly 10% wider and 10% longer, at least = 20%+ more phone. I think it will be a good bit longer than that because, compared to the X2, you have capacitative buttons and that funky chin.

I love the 3gigs of ram and huge battery of the Turbo, but I don't think it will work for me. Besides, if I save my money and get a used og X then I have that much more money for a tablet.

cyberlizard

Reaction score
To me that's huge....my Rezound is a 4.3" display and 5.08"x2.58" naked....So for the Turbo (and I was disappointed the X2 was too big) you're talking roughly 10% wider and 10% longer, at least = 20%+ more phone. I think it will be a good bit longer than that because, compared to the X2, you have capacitative buttons and that funky chin.

That was all accounted for in the measurements...

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Well, if it's close to the size of the Moto X (2014 or 2nd Generation as it's called), then I'm OK with it. My MAXX is just ever so slightly smaller than the new X, but the X screen is about 3/8" to 1/2" longer, and about 1/8" wider. This is because the Bezel on the X is smaller all around, making it only slightly larger than the screen and allowing the phone to remain smaller than it looks. If the Turbo screen is the same 5.2" is it's rumored to be (same as the Moto X 2014), then I have a feeling this Turbo is going to be a perfect fit for me.

This leaked image seems to appear to show a larger Bezel than that of the X.

Droid-Turbo-3-576x1024.jpg

I hope the pic is either of a prototype or that it's just looking bigger as a result of the shot angle. Either way, it's far smaller than the Nexus and for the same specs and a bigger battery I'll not be disappointed either way.

This is the MAXX Bezel;

droid-maxx_2-100054052-orig.jpg

Last edited:

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
The more I read about the Turbo's specs, and the fact it's a Moto device, the more I rethink my choice in the z3v so far.

Gonna be a tough decision to make when that day comes...

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
The more I read about the Turbo's specs, and the fact it's a Moto device, the more I rethink my choice in the z3v so far.

Gonna be a tough decision to make when that day comes...

"You know you want it, you know you want it, but you're a good [boy]"

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I thought the 3.10 kernel was a lollipop thing... Huh... Shrugs shoulders...

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
You know, there's something to be said for a bezel with some width. I find that if I can hold the phone in what I consider a secure way. My fingers do wrap over the top on the phone slightly. If the bezel is to narrow my fingers not only block a part of the screen, but in some demos I did it off phones with narrow bezels they interfered with actual screen selections. My wrapping fingers were actually touching and thereby fooling the digitizer. I've not run into either of those problems with my MAXX.

Of course a case essentially eliminates this problem but I run naked so, not a solution for me.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Of course a case essentially eliminates this problem but I run naked so, not a solution for me.

Sure seems like Moto intends for this phone to be naked. I've dropped my phone several times but somehow I've managed to not do any damage. If I do decide on the Turbo, there's no way I'm putting a case on it. Maybe just a bumper to not "shock" the internals if it's dropped on its nearly indestructible face.

Still holding out slim hope there's somehow a mini-Turbo coming soon. Haven't heard anything there lately, but when this first started leaking a few months ago early rumors mentioned the possibility of more than one size option.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I'm 100% in agreement on all points. A mini Turbo would be awesome. Keep the PPI, reduce the screen size and resolution, smaller battery, but don't reduce RAM, processor or GPU, same cameras and they'd have a killer phone that would take the market by storm.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I stand corrected....saw a few rumors that a new Droid Mini is coming end of the year. Supposedly same specs as the Turbo, but maybe a 4.3" display. I'm guessing/hoping that gets bumped to 4.7" due to reduced bezel (much like they bumped the Moto X to 5.2" from 4.7").

That would make sense as you've got the G and E in the Moto X line, and all those phones got bumps in display sizes. Would be a surprise if the Turbo is the only offering in the Droid line (since they had the Maxx and Ultra last year - likely the Turbo replacing both - leaving you with the Mini).

I can wait 6-8 more weeks, I guess. Of course, if this is going to be a reality the rumors should really start popping in just a few weeks.